Ross's extended city, easy entry Goblin- 06 SS/SC, NW Arkansas

Ross

Goblin Guru
Yes, I ordered A7s, 295 for the rear, 275 for the front. Unfortunately, I will be missing this month's Reaction Motorsports autocross, as I will be out of town on that race.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Be careful. Tons of traction

ya. Missing oct autocross to go to Motogp at cota. There is a practice day at the end of this month we are going to do. That should be interesting to run and actually test/try different things. I have a list of what I want to do.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
4-States Vettes is doing another auto-cross in Neosho on Sept 25 & 26 if you need another event to test out the new shoes.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I do need an event! But the 25th of this month is the same weekend as the Reaction Motorsports event that I am missing. I am in Dallas that weekend. Hopefully my tires don't take 5 orders, and 4 cancellations due to not actually in stock like their website said. (The Proxes R888R did, took 2 months!) Right now I just have 15" wheels.

Scott #321

I do need an event! But the 25th of this month is the same weekend as the Reaction Motorsports event that I am missing. I am in Dallas that weekend. Hopefully my tires don't take 5 orders, and 4 cancellations due to not actually in stock like their website said. (The Proxes R888R did, took 2 months!) Right now I just have 15" wheels.
Grrrrrr I'm in my 5th week of waiting for wheels/tires (R888R's) estimated delivery is showing 4-8 weeks. They were listed as in stock when I ordered them.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Although I’ve bought some wheels and tires recently I’m still trying to learn more.

1. What web site are you ordering them from?
2. What year/model car do you use in the search interface? Or do you just call them and try to explain what you going to us them on?

Ross

Goblin Guru
Well I ordered from Tire Rack, Walmart, and Jegs, and ended up cancelling all of them once I realized they don't have the tires.
Ebay surprisingly was where I was successful.
I don't use the year/model search feature, as I don't want my tire selection to be limited by the fenders on a 97 mustang car. (What the 17" wheels were made for.) I don't know what my new 15" wheels are made for.... I doubt it was mad Max.
I use google to find the tires on Jegs, Walmart, etc, as their search doesn't even find them.

Dale E was mentioning that American Racer tires might work for me. Anyone tried their autocross tires?
Also Avon has a lot of racing tires.

Last edited:

Ross

Goblin Guru
Jegs has the Hoosier A7 tires in stock.
The 295-35/15 are actually 302mm wide, 22.6 lbs.
The 275-35/15 are actually 291mm wide, 20.8 lbs.
The break in proceedure says I need run them, and scuff off the shiny surface, and then let them sit for a week.
So I have my "work" cut out for me.

Last edited:

George

Goblin Guru
The best way is to use a 80 grit dirt track tire grinding wheel. If you do as most do you will push the unwanted chemicals deeper into the tread. By removing them cold the tire is ready first turn first lap. Learned this circle tack racing on asphalt.

Brad

Dale E

Remember Ross, those tires will pick up some large stones from your gravel/rock driveway. You will have to get the vacuum out to clean your interior and seats. Get your heat gun and a scraper ready for after the autocrosses, since you will need to shave the tires to get rid of the rubber blobs and curls you build up on them. Wear goggles!! Or your full face helmet!. You should pick up a couple seconds pretty quickly from what you were using for tires.

Dale

Ross

Goblin Guru
Why wouldn't you ever run the Hoosiers A7 on the street? My first ride in Jermey's Goblin did just that. It was a blast!
PS, I had to google OPR. Other People's Rubber. I thought that is how you make your slicks last longer.... just pick up more rubber than you are putting down. lol.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Why wouldn't you ever run the Hoosiers A7 on the street? My first ride in Jermey's Goblin did just that. It was a blast!
PS, I had to google OPR. Other People's Rubber. I thought that is how you make your slicks last longer.... just pick up more rubber than you are putting down. lol.
They are awful in the rain, follow all the ruts in the road, throw rocks everywhere, heat cycle out quickly and love to pick up sharp pieces of metal. It is really really really difficult to put a plug in them also. I feel like I get about 6-7 good heat cycles/events out of them then they slow down about 1 second. On the corvette the first indication that they have gotten slower is the gradual onset of understeer.

Last edited: