Ross's extended city, easy entry Goblin- 06 SS/SC, NW Arkansas

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
I'm waiting for Adam's guess before I reveal the weight... I'm thinking he is going to be real close.
I'm thinking Tony was closest. Though I might say a pound under his guess at 197. No idea how much the brake lines weigh.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Looks like Jeff wins with 187. Send your PayPal address to Ross to claim your $50 prize. :)
Congrats Jeff, you were within -4.2 pounds away, Adam was a close second at +5.8 pounds.
LOL, well as soon as Briann1177 coughs up the bucks, I'll pass them on to Jeff!

Adam - I'm impressed with how light your team has been able to keep this frame, probably doesn't hurt that Lonny has an airplane background.
I am going to start a spread sheet of parts with their corresponding weights. Adam would you have a parts list that would be a good start for me?
I thinking it will have 3 sheets: DF Parts, Cobalt Parts, and Aftermarket Parts.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Congrats Jeff, you were within -4.2 pounds away, Adam was a close second at +5.8 pounds.
LOL, well as soon as Briann1177 coughs up the bucks, I'll pass them on to Jeff!

Adam - I'm impressed with how light your team has been able to keep this frame, probably doesn't hurt that Lonny has an airplane background.
I am going to start a spread sheet of parts with their corresponding weights. Adam would you have a parts list that would be a good start for me?
I thinking it will have 3 sheets: DF Parts, Cobalt Parts, and Aftermarket Parts.
These might be slightly out of date.

Attachments

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
I won, I won! I never win anything! I won the fact that every time I add a part to the frame I'm stealing precious horsepower away from the final product! :) Do we really need seats?! :D

Ross

Goblin Guru
I won, I won! I never win anything! I won the fact that every time I add a part to the frame I'm stealing precious horsepower away from the final product! :) Do we really need seats?! :D
Only need one seat, but 2 is nice.

If anyone is interested in helping gather the weight of parts, here is my editable google sheet.
It is rough, but a good start, thanks to Chad's part list.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NtDtyS_sywPTXd8jSXZ2_CfVrLh_aBIxW5Y8Y-MHWHQ/edit?usp=sharing

Ross

Goblin Guru
Spent the day degreasing the metal frame, getting ready for primer. Took out the clutch and brake lines, reweighed the frame.
Actual frame weight: 190.8 lbs. So the oil and brake lines only added 0.4 lbs.

Last edited:

Ross

Goblin Guru
Status update: Well I finished build video #8, Stripping the rear. So now the Goblin has stripped the donor of all the items it needs.
I have been gathering all my build videos, but I'm not slowing down to edit and publish them on YouTube yet. 160GB of video so far!
I have changed my build goals a bit. I am trying to get stage 2 on the road as my primary goal, then go back and add/modify/beautify/Stage 3 later.
Hopefully I can get it on the road by July, so I can have it for my wife's and my 25th anniversary celebration.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I want our DF Goblin kit car to fit both my wife and I, so I am test fitting the stock Cobalt seats, sliders, adjustable steering column, stock pedals, and stock shifter. The only things new to the kit is the stock adjustable steering and keeping the locking steering with the key on the column. I fabricated a quick modification to the Cobalt column, and demonstrate it here.

To make this I cut up 2 pieces of 2" angle iron, 11.5" long.

Also two 1.25" tubes that are 1.75" long. Inside these tubes is 3/8" bolts that are 3" long. This dropped the steering wheel to the proper height for my wife and I to drive. Below the tubes is the Cobalt adjustable steering mounts. I think I hammered them flat, then put the bolt and washer on.

The rear pivot was located 3 3/8" behind the DF steering motor bolts.

The DF steering motor bolts just catch the 2" angle iron.

The DF mounting bolt hole (circled) was used to mount my boost gauge, but it wasn't able to catch enough of the 2" angle iron, so I drilled a new hole beside it to bolt my angle irons.

Don't forget to add a "cone killer" sticker. :)

Last edited:

Ross

Goblin Guru
All the white paint drippings on the tarp made me think that you rollered your car. :)
Yup! Paint brush & roller. Rustoleum primer and 2 coats of paint. Figured it was easier to fix paint dings and make welding changes.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I am wanting to design a wrap for our Goblin, and I need some measurements of the body panels (Since I don't have Stage 3 yet).
What is the dimensions of A,B,C,D & E?
Is any of my other measurements wrong? (I was guessing on most of these)
What is the dimensions of the overlap between the side panels and the fiberglass hood?