Ross's extended city, easy entry Goblin- 06 SS/SC, NW Arkansas

Ross

Goblin Guru
Went for a 5 mile test drive, to get an estimate of my range while towing the goblin.
Our model Y uses about 500 watts/mile when flat towing the goblin.
The nearest CCS charger was 123 miles away from GoblinFest 2022. (this was a few months ago)
My model Y range was ~147 miles while towing the goblin thru twisty roads in the Ozark hills.
I arrived at Lonny's place with 20% battery, after fully charging the model Y at the nearest CCS charger.

Got home, and someone on Discord captured a pic in the wild of my test drive.

The nearest CCS charger. Had to disconnect the goblin to charge the model Y.

Last edited:

Ross

Goblin Guru
Merry Christmas everyone. Thank you for sharing your stories, your passion, and your knowledge here on this forum.
It was this forum that got me through the tough times in my build and pointed me in a better direction when I was uncertain which way to go.
I try to give back, and help others here, to pay forward my debt to those who have helped me.

I love my Mad Max goblin, and all the people here who have helped me evolve the car to what it is today.
Justin @Justinreed7 and his videos are a big inspiration, as is Kevin @EVgoblin with his Tesla goblin.
Chad @ctuinstra, Jermey @JERMzSS, Brian @Briann1177, and @Adam answered many, many questions, with their vast knowledge, and willingness to teach me.

Talking about going above and beyond:
@Dale E drove 5+ hours, and spent 2 days to help me with my alignment and suspension set up.
@Lonny spent 4 days to help me with my alignment and suspension set up.
Russell @Rttoys set me up with a place to stay 2 days in Houston, and gave Mad Max an alignment, inspection, and aero parts.
Just Wow! Proud to be part of this goblin family, and sharing the love.

I have gathered around many a campfire, had a few beers, and raced with many people here on the forum,
Jason @JBINTX gave Mad Max transportation to a Houston race.
I also have had the honor to race with James @jamesm, @Brett, and Scott @SACTX

Many of you are farther away, so I only get to "bench race" and enjoy the photos, inspiration & engineering (yes, you Tim @Desert Sasqwatch) you share here. To all the builders here I didn't directly mention, well, thank you too, and Merry Christmas.
Many thanks to those who make this possible, especially my wife, Alice ,and Lonny's wife @Brenda, who invites us to her home, spoils us (well at least tolerates me), and keeps us in line.

Last edited:

Josh's09

Assembled the front uprights today, with the new hub bearings, thicker rod end mounts. Torqued everything.
View attachment 9979

Pressed out the old rear hub bearings. The aluminum had a reaction to the steel bearings, so they were stuck.
View attachment 9981

The rear Moog wheel bearings arrived today. Test fitted them, and painted them white.
Cleaned, sanded, dremel wire brushed & painted the rear uprights. Reapplied the torque numbers.View attachment 9980

Maybe tomorrow I can get it back on the road. A guys gotta dream.

Attachments

Ross

Goblin Guru
I shaped a piece of metal to slide into the Cobalt rear view mirror. The stock mirror mount has a double taper, and a set screw.
My metal piece needs to be welded to the top of halo bar, and then the rear view mirror will be aerodynamically behind the halo bar.
It is under my roof panel, and barely visible from the front... so kind of hidden from view. It has the Cobalt 2 pivot points, and the Cobalt headlight dimmer for night driving. My 2nd donor has a rear view mirror with cabin lights on it... I debated using that, but would have to add wiring.
ha

Last edited:

Fenix Nexen

I don't know of one. That pic was from a friend of a friend.
I don't see any kit cars on discord... so go for it, and make one!
I will get to work on one then! I am going to make the layout just like this forum.
Will have roles for people that are staff, moderators, registered users and verified builders
Little preview

Ross

Goblin Guru
Just having a presence on another platform can spread the word to more people. Even if that just references this forum.