Rttoys’s track- ‘06 ss/sc #184

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I may need to come out there just to be the “chase” Goblin........ :)
That’ll work. We will have to plan that.

Cool XL. I learned on an SL and have a L5T now, not that a guy in a wheelchair really needs one.
Cool. I picked it up from my neighbor in pretty rough shape. After a mini restoration, It’s a fun bike to ride.

Not sure how much motorcycle stuff you like, but Wayne Rainey got to ride a bike again.

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
That’ll work. We will have to plan that.

Cool. I picked it up from my neighbor in pretty rough shape. After a mini restoration, It’s a fun bike to ride.

Not sure how much motorcycle stuff you like, but Wayne Rainey got to ride a bike again.
Yep. Have watched about 5 times. I've ridden once since my injury. I felt pretty darn vulnerable. Still ride a quad several times a year, but a quads not a bike.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Yep. Have watched about 5 times. I've ridden once since my injury. I felt pretty darn vulnerable. Still ride a quad several times a year, but a quads not a bike.
I bet. He was on a closed course with tons of medical staff on hand and I’m sure he was a bit nervous. Glad you still get out though, even if it has a few extra wheels.

My boss (owner of the company I work for) is wheelchair bound due to a brain aneurysm And some other medical stuff. I have had to outfit his vehicles with lifts and wheelchair ramps. It’s amazing what’s out there.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
A friend gave me the 15k Warn, about 8 years ago because it “didn’t work” and needed a solenoid pack. Opened it up, found some bad connections on the brushes, soldered them back together and bam. :cool:

The one I have on my CJ7 has some circuit board issues I need to look into. The PS hose is leaking and the gear box is loose as hell, so to fix that, I need to pull the winch and bumper. Once I go back together with it, I’ll switch to the warn, just because.

Hell, since I don’t wheel hard anymore, the only use the winch gets is pulling cows out of the mud at the farm. :rolleyes:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Tube bumpers, diamond plate flat tops, old school 'ansen' mags...old Jeeps never die, they just get rebuilt by us diehards. :cool:
Yep. And easy to build. All you need is some steel, a welder and parts off of any other vehicle you have laying around. :D

This is my 3rd one (well, and a tj I owned twice). I bought a 86 cj7 for the farm that we still use today. It’s mostly stock, with a few gun racks, but that’s about it. Then I had a CJ5 that was a full on ghetto fab rock crawler (locked on bead lock 38s), without a straight panel on it. I beat that thing to death, then kind of got out of it. So I sold that, minus some of the goodies on it and got the 80 cj7 I posted. This one is more show than go, well, for right now. Mechanically, it’s all stock. I think it has 2” lift springs though, that were on there when I bought it. I made the bumper, front finders, side steps and tj rear flares. I adapted some Mazda Miata seats for the front (speakers in the headrests) and a corbu seat for the rear. Everything else is stock for now. Once the goblin is done, I plan to fix the steering, then pull the stock SR4 trans and d300 t case and put in a T176 and d300with 4:1low out of the CJ5. Then I’ll need to figure out something with the stock axles. I have a corporate 14 here at work, that’s begging to be installed.

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
This is my 3rd Jeep. Had a CJ7 right out of high school for a short while, then had a YJ around the time my son was in high school. Bought this TJ on a screaming deal from an insurance total after the Jeep dealership owners son took it out and sank it into a swamp with only 140 miles on it.
I've been tinkering with this Rubicon for more than 15 years adding things here and there. Getting to be time for driveline rebuild, axles and transfer case refresh, and an engine install - I have a fresh 4.6 sitting on an engine stand in my garage. I replaced the transmission 20,000 miles ago after the stock clutch went out and also hurt the original transmission.
Don't think I will ever get rid of this one, too much time, blood and sweat invested. :D

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Sweet. I like those deals. I miss the tj I had twice (Bought with my first wife. Sold it during the divorce to my coworker. Bought it back for my step son. Then traded it in on a new camaro). It was basically stock, but would have been a great one to tinker with once the boy didn’t want it anymore. I don’t get it. When I was his age, I would have lived with that thing top and doorless to get all the wimmims. :D But no, he wanted fuel efficiency and smooth to get to and from college. :rolleyes: :pHaving ac and heat is a plus, and the coil spring suspension has a lot more potential than leaf, BUT you really can’t beat an old CJ. You can cut them up, modify them and no one really cares. Just do whatever you want and make a cool rig out of it. :cool: