Rttoys’s track- ‘06 ss/sc #184

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Looking to the future, it looks like my shifter (on the right) has a bit of goodies in it. :cool: The shifter on the left is Jason’s that he let me have in case I needed something. Comparing the 2, short throw and everything metal, looks mighty nice.

Attachments

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
With the help of my lovely assistant, we have the rear suspension mounted. I kind of freaked out over the odd driveline angle, but realized I needed to extend the strut. Didn’t take long to find a thread on it here on the forum.

Tomorrow we hope to work on the front suspension and brakes all the way around. Now it’s getting into the fine details, where I get very meticulous.

Attachments

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
With the help of my lovely assistant, we have the rear suspension mounted. I kind of freaked out over the odd driveline angle, but realized I needed to extend the strut. Didn’t take long to find a thread on it here on the forum.

Tomorrow we hope to work on the front suspension and brakes all the way around. Now it’s getting into the fine details, where I get very meticulous.
Do you have the donor tie rods on the rear or the DFG supplied ones back there?

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
I bought Moog tie rod ends. The ones in the doner were a bit worn. The ones supplied by DF go to the front, which I hope to do today.
Things are looking great! They looked new so I wanted to make sure you had them in the right place and you do. Build on!

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
My lovely assistant helping with the suspension. :cool:
And as you are busy driving down the road, she will be sitting in the passenger seat staring at that beautiful open wheel suspension just watching it going up and down and knowing it was done right!!!! :)
Glad you got some more done today.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
And as you are busy driving down the road, she will be sitting in the passenger seat staring at that beautiful open wheel suspension just watching it going up and down and knowing it was done right!!!! :)
Glad you got some more done today.
She’s intrigued with the suspension, so she wanted to do it. We did the rear yesterday, but we had some missing parts today, so we did what we could and moved on to other things. We will get back at that, when parts arrive.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Work has been hectic, so just doing odds and ends when I get home. I noticed when purging the cooling system That the IC coolant never really moved. I brought home my Tech2 and commanded on the ic water pump. Just as I suspected, the ic pump is not working. I check power and ground, then the old school “tap test”. Yep. It’s toast. Woohoo

I also checked my fan wiring and for some reason, there’s no power. Long story short, I went to the secondary fan wiring and it’s good to go. I’ll probably add an override switch so I can turn it on whenever I want, which with Texas heat, will be a constant on from startup.
hopefully this weekend I/we can complete the front suspension and brakes, so I can start bleeding everything.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I could send you some brushes if you want to replace them...

Otherwise, I am willing to pay for shipping if you are going to throw the old one away.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I could send you some brushes if you want to replace them...

Otherwise, I am willing to pay for shipping if you are going to throw the old one away.
Ya. I thought about rebuilding it. I have an alternator shop near work I use all the time for odds and ends. I may hit them up on some brushes, if my stash doesn’t come up with anything.

Attachments

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I got a rollover vent valve from summit, for the gas tank and mounted it to the intercooler filler neck.

and gutted the ac compressor.

I have a lot of updating to do if the interwebby signal here at home cooperates.

Attachments

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Gonna try and update. The internet’s suck at home, so it’s hard (very time consuming) to load pics.

The track was fun. Hot as hell, but fun. it was a good defrag from life for a bit, so sorry I have been absent.

I'm ready to get back at it though. :cool:

Attachments

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Ok. Most importantly, I made a keychain. This is the same keychain I have made for my race bikes. This is a smashed penny with the art from a friend of mine’s son, that passed away. It’s attached by an orange para cord that represents another friend of mines daughter that past away from cancer. Orange was her favorite color.

I don’t know what spirits or gods you believe in, but I like to think they are with me in spirit, doing things they didn’t get to do in their short lives.

Attachments