SACTX - Track - 07 SS/SC - Chassis #201

SACTX

Hey everyone! It’s been a little while. I haven’t gotten as much done as I wanted but I’ve had some other things going on.

We had a weeklong family vacation to Lake Texoma and I ended up moving the frame to my house which required me to reallocate space and organize things a little bit! Alan is much happier with the car at home!

I’ve gotten through the first assembly video and halfway through running the wiring harness. I ran into a little pain in the ass with the steering wheel. I forgot to take it apart when we were disassembling the car. It was corroded to the steering shaft and took three days worth of soaking with liquid wrench to be able to pound it off. I should be able to take it apart tomorrow and install the ignition.

I’ve also done some test fitting of things and working on some side projects with the motor.

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Fantastic! What a great opportunity to spend time with with your son and teach him the fine art of wrenching on a car. Do it as much as possible since they grow up too quickly and find other interests - like girls - and doing things with dad is no longer cool. ;)

SACTX

Anyone know What size bolt holds the ignition switch in? I’m going through my bags of miscellaneous nuts and bolts and do not see anything that will fit

SACTX

Yes, they're original bolts. I had help disassembling the donor and not everything was organized like I wanted it. I looked everywhere and I'll probably end up having to get some new ones.

SACTX

Made some great progress. No major revelations, just a lot of work.

Missing a couple of small parts that stopped the front end being finished.

I have a plan for a front floor with a scoop for the heat exchanger that I confirmed this weekend. This will be a very easy add on that anyone can do and should help with front end aero.

Alan and I also confirmed that you can fit Corbeau A4 reclining seats with Corbeau adjustable seat brackets, with slight modifications. Details to follow...

There’ll be a Goblin with a heart next weekend.

Attachments

Last edited:

SACTX

More progress.

Clutch and brake lines all ran. The front end is essentially complete. I just need to mount the headlights and I will be done.

Mocked up and pre-mounted the steering wheel and steering column to check height. It is way too tall. I’m going to be shimming it down some and think I have a good way to do that.

A couple of small things.
Make sure you install the front brake calipers in the right location to where the bleed valves are up and not down…
The DF Supplied rod ends looked way too small. I installed them with the suspension set up from the video and the wheels were way toed out. I only had them threaded on by three full turns and the front end looked ridiculous. Moog 800030 Rod ends that are their factory replacements are 3/4 of an inch longer and seem to work. I will let everyone know how it works.
I found a perfect cover for the hubs. They are 2 1/4 inch rubber tube covers from Amazon. Caught them down to about 1/4-3/8 of an inch thick and they fit perfectly. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07PK5B9D5?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Anyone know what these three wires that went to the front end or for? I hope they weren’t supposed to go to the back end :)

We didn’t get the engine installed this weekend. Too many other things going on but still had a very productive weekend.

Alan‘s friends love the car! He’s been telling everyone he sees that we are building a car :)

Attachments

SACTX

That’s why I have so much negative camber. I was wondering about that. The videos are using the old hardware and I had to figure out what those things were from other peoples pictures.