SACTX - Track - 07 SS/SC - Chassis #201

SACTX

Great work on fabbing up the scoops for the nose, those will look nice and (should be) exceptionally functional. Your son looks like he is full of enthusiasm to help Dad, great you are spending quality time with him - kids grow up far too quickly!
Thank you DS! He’s still loving it and I’m cherishing every moment! He stole the phone and took those pics of me working on the scoops without me knowing. He’s always surprising me!

Classy

I’m still looking forward to see the splitter with the front end work, keep up the good work!

SACTX

Ok Gobliners, my worst fears became reality today.

Key turn and no joy!

I am having a solid security light issue. Tried the relearn procedure and the light will not turn off.
Security module has Power to the red with white and brown and I have a solid ground. I am not sure where to check the green but that should be my issue as this key started the car before.

In going through the forms I found that someone had the lines on the dash read out as well but I did not see exactly how that was resolved. See the picture for what I mean. When I power the car it will show mileage and then go straight to this.

Can one of you guys with a lot more knowledge than me put me in the right direction?

Attachments

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
The data wires is the first place I would start. The tan and tan/black wires that are twisted. Do you have an OBDII reader, if so, does it even read anything.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Also, check your low-speed data green wires, there should have been four or five of them connected together on the dash harness.

SACTX

The data wires is the first place I would start. The tan and tan/black wires that are twisted. Do you have an OBDII reader, if so, does it even read anything.
I'll check these. I had a question on them when I was doing the harness but I thought we got that all worked out. I have HP tuners but left the reader at the shop so I'm going to try to connect this evening.

Also, check your low-speed data green wires, there should have been four or five of them connected together on the dash harness.
I was trouble shooting with Jason and Russell last night and I think those are all good. I had connection between the green wire at the security check and the green wire at the dash and I had previously checked the dash to the BCM. We think the key might be bad. Working on that.

This still doesn't explain the lines on the display. Still looking.

Thanks!

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
If you end up needing a new key and matched cylinder for any reason, I have a pair I can give you. Let me know.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
That is the key fob receiver. It also communicates with the tire pressure monitors.

SACTX

First signs of life! Just a quick turnover because I don’t have the fuel pump set up yet.

Turns out it was a key issue. Additionally I had the problem with both OBDII green wires together. I had to run a jumper to the back ECM connector to get OBDII connection.

Used HP tuners to turn off the VATS and it cracks! I’m gonna go for full start tomorrow.

Last edited: