SC intercooler

ToxicBill

Does anyone have any pictures they can share of their intercooler install with the intercooler in the front? I've got it installed but everything in the front and back seems very tight. Then I installed the subframe and it got even tighter.

Also, both my fittings to the front small radiator are now leaking. I used the supplied white nylon 90 degree fittings to make the corrections work. I saw that someone used some loctite on those fittings.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I was looking for the connections on both ends of the tunnel.

I did use teflon tape on the threads of the connectors going into the small radiator. Maybe I didn't use enough.
I have used the tape before as well. However, I think you get a better seal with a sealant from a tube. Use a generous amount. The plastic fittings are a little scary since you have to get them tight AND get them pointed in the right direction.
There were a few things I had to re-do more than once. Hopefully twice is all you will need. :)

ToxicBill

I've already done the main radiator twice, so I guess I can say I've touched both cooling systems twice. :D

Otherwise, any thoughts on the hose routing?

Tinkles

I have used the tape before as well. However, I think you get a better seal with a sealant from a tube. Use a generous amount. The plastic fittings are a little scary since you have to get them tight AND get them pointed in the right direction.
There were a few things I had to re-do more than once. Hopefully twice is all you will need. :)
I have had to reseal fittings because someone used the paste/goop instead of tape. I always use tape and I always apply it so it wont come undone while putting the fitting in.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I was looking for the connections on both ends of the tunnel.

I did use teflon tape on the threads of the connectors going into the small radiator. Maybe I didn't use enough.
Mine looks the same, except I didn’t use this 90* in the back. I routed the rubber hose to make more of a swoop to the pump (One less point of failure).

This is what I used for sealing the threads. https://www.permatex.com/products/thread-compounds/thread-sealants/permatex-high-temperature-thread-sealant/?locale=en_us It’s what I use at work on my commercial vehicles.

Attachments

Fozda

Goblin Guru
We ditched the PVC pipes and just ran rubber hoses down the tunnel. Our pipes were super tight everywhere too and just couldn't get anything to work right. Running hoses made everything so much easier.

95Blitz

Have any of you guys dumped the DF heat exchanger and just used a larger one above the engine a fixed to the bars like the ZZP?
Link.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Have any of you guys dumped the DF heat exchanger and just used a larger one above the engine a fixed to the bars like the ZZP?
Link.
I debated this route for a while but decided to just go with the duct kit to route fresh air over the DF supplied exchanger.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Link.
Yeah. See our build. Lou Shadow Racing did the same thing.

This was during our dyno tuning session. Our first iteration was higher and completely vertical. This one is lower and lays down more. BTW, insiste on having the tuner put a fan on it during the tune! He wouldn’t listen to me and the IATs were off the chart without air movement.

9C133370-4993-4D6A-A8DC-518361D1C255.jpeg

95Blitz

I'm going with the stage 3 zzp kit, so when I order my DF kit i will have them leave the heat exchanger parts out.