***SCAM ALERT***

Lechlis

Goblin community,

I received a distressing message from a fellow Goblin owner today. There appears to be a scammer impersonating me. I do not know the full context, but @Gkskull supplied an email and falsely associated me with it. Below are some screenshots I was sent. I would avoid the parties shown in them.

Attachments

Last edited:

WA08TC

Should have seen the red flags, hoping to recoup funds but that's a long shot. Sad day indeed.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
You are going to get scam attempts on pretty much any wtb post on any forum. Never take the discussion off of a forum that quickly and always reach out using the private message vs email.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Gkskull is still doing it. I received a DM from Gkskull today indicating I needed to contact Lechlis about some parts.

I just wanted to bump this for those who haven't seen it yet.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Info?

Lonny and Adam need to be contacted again about this activity. This type of behavior should not be tolerated on this community forum. Getting the word out again and getting his information in front of everyone is important.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I'm not sure what you mean by info other than Gkskull sent me a DM on the forum telling me to contact Lechlis about the harness belt I had posted about in my ISO post. I remembered Lechlis posting about a scam previously and found this thread during the search and it's the same exact scenario.

Adam has been notified by DM.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I'm not sure what you mean by info other than Gkskull sent me a DM on the forum telling me to contact Lechlis about the harness belt I had posted about in my ISO post. I remembered Lechlis posting about a scam previously and found this thread during the search and it's the same exact scenario.

Adam has been notified by DM.
Yes, that bit of info helps - that PMs are being sent from him in reference to @Lechlis, supposedly on his behalf. Let us know if anything else happens with this.

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
Oh, I received the same kind of message from Gkskull to reach out to "Lechlis" with "Lechlis'" personal email. I did reach out to "Lechlis" through that email and he did respond. Should I stop all communication?
[email protected] was the email I was told to email.

I did think it was odd that he was trying to sell me a gas pedal instead of a pedal assembly and then he tried to sell me an automatic pedal assembly and tried to reassure me that it was a manual assembly.

I will write this off and stop communication.

Last edited:

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I’ll repeat to never use an email as an early contact for someone on a forum after posting a wtb. Use the pm function to make it more likely that you are connected to the user in the forum.

if someone is saying to contact someone else, why is that someone else not doing the contacting and why not just reply through the original wtb post?

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I have zero Goblin or Cobalt parts. That email is in no way attached to me. It is 100% a scam.
Yep, that is why I posted this here as I knew it was the same scam as before and I wanted to bump the thread for the new members and awareness.