Seat Comfort

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I'm finding that my ass is only good for about 100-150 miles before it starts getting uncomfortable in the stock Corbeaus. It's not a big deal most of the time, but it makes me not look forward to longer trips.

Any aftermarket options for seat bottoms? Reupholster? Sit on a pillow?

Any thoughts? I don't see how Nuker could stand 1000+ miles in 24 hours.

Reactions: Wes

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, I'm good for a hundred miles or so. I would like to find a seat cushion that fits for long trips.

They work great for holding me in place while racing around but most of the time I'm just cruising around and would like for them to be a little more comfortable.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I can't say that our Corbeaus really caused a problem. I assume we have the same padded bottom even though we were running the wide versions. However we are upgrading to the Sportline seats this time around. Because we have the extended frame, we have the room to recline. I just hope they fit. They look a lot more comfortable. I'm sure my butt will let me know.

https://corbeau.com/sportline/sportline-rrb.html

1542333617606.png

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I’ve got the Corbeau Baja Ultra’s in my sandrail and they are extremely comfortable on day-long trips. Not sure if that is due to the fact that they are suspension seats.
0BF7408D-958E-4C00-98C8-65693124CCC0.jpeg

LS2GTO

I agree the seat comfort is pretty bad for long drives. I bought: SnugPad Coccyx Orthopedic Memory Foam Seat Cushion for Back Pain Relief and Sciatica and Tailbone Pain - Ideal for Office Chair and Car Driver Seat Pillow from Amazon. Works really well with the comfort on the longer trips and they are pretty cheap.

Wes

I agree the seat comfort is pretty bad for long drives. I bought: SnugPad Coccyx Orthopedic Memory Foam Seat Cushion for Back Pain Relief and Sciatica and Tailbone Pain - Ideal for Office Chair and Car Driver Seat Pillow from Amazon. Works really well with the comfort on the longer trips and they are pretty cheap.
Wow! I bet that would be comfortable. And it looks like it would fit in the seat pretty well.

I too have noticed my ass hurting during 2+ hour sessions in the seat. I have tried putting a shirt, jacket or whatever down there but is still uncomfortable. Also, at 6 feet tall it puts me just that much more above the windscreen and that sucks too.

I found these recently which wouldn't really help my tailbone, but would add some adjustableishness. https://www.stage3motorsports.com/C21004-Corbeau-Inflatable-Lumbar-(For-Corbeau-Seats).html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIi5K4k_nZ3gIVxMDICh3y1w15EAQYBSABEgIfdfD_BwE

I might try to lower the seat height and add a cushion like the one above. I haven't found anything made by Corbeau or generically for these seats that will help. I've been looking at adding the heat option but don't think it will work so well with a big cushion so I guess that's out.

LS2GTO

Here is what the snugpad looks like in the seat. I'm 6'1" and while it might put you a little higher in the seat, I haven't noticed any difference regarding the wind over the windshield.

Also here is another cushion I just bought from Costco. It was $15 and about 2/3rd the thickness of the snugpad but it's supposed to be cooler and breathable. I'll find out soon enough.

Attachments

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
I know this is an old thread, but just wondering if anyone has had any seating break throughs. I'm trying to finish up my welding before coating and need some seats.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Ken, there are more seat choices than almost anything else you have decide about for your Goblin. It is a mater of personal choice, your budget, and making sure they fit in the frame. Many builds use the stock Cobalt SS seats and many people like them for their comfort, fit and price (usually free). My SS seats were pretty beat up, so I bought some sport seats off eBay that are very similar to the stock SS seats. They were relatively inexpensive and if they don't work or wear out I can replace them at some point in the future. There are several other threads in the forum that discuss seats, you should do a search and see what others have input about their choices. :)