Seat Mounts?

jcdman

Looking at getting some OMP TRE-S or Sparco Sprint-L seats. I ordered the seat mounts from DF but I'm wondering how versatile the seat mounts are? The seats I'm shopping between vary in width a decent bit. Did DF make these just for the corbeau seats or should I look to make custom brackets?

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
You can swap them around to get the offset from the steering wheel or width of your seat. At least with the aluminum seats I was able to.
Do have the overal dimensions for that seat?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I also have the Planted Seat Brackets, what is the best method to mount them and the seats?

Method ONE:
Mount Planted Bracket to the Frame and then mount Seat\Slider to the Planted Bracket?

OR

Method TWO:
Mount the Seat\Slider to the Planted Bracket and then mount the Planted Bracket to the Frame.

I tried method one and it seem too difficult to get the hardware in?

jamesm

Goblin Guru
I mounted the sliders to the seat, then added the Planted bracket then installed it in the car. It's a pain in the, eh, lower back.....

One thing to note with the Planted brackets, the front notch is designed for the cobalt frame and all the carpet and junk so there will be a gap in the Goblin. You'll need to add a spacer or some bolts to tighten them up.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Thanks, with just the bracket in I did notice there is a good 1/2” or so of movement.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
So Method Two made it easy :)

Had a small issue when trying to move the slider to get at the front mounting holes, the nut side was hitting the seat.

I flipped the screw and cut down the thread.