Seat placement

Lndshrk Steve

I'm working on mounts for my seats. I got the drivers seat where I want it (after I found out the lower outer frame rail isn't square with the tunnel o_O) and it clears the shifter mount . . . . But I see the mount comes out 1" on the drivers side and 2" on the passenger side! Now do I move the passenger seat to the right (that would drive me nuts) or just make them sit rearward until I get the new, narrower shifter? And should I even get this tunnel cap powder coated or just wait?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Decisions, decisions... If you are doing your own seat mounts be aware of a couple things. Recommend the seats be angled into the center of the car slightly - about 3-4 degrees - so your torso is 'squared up' with the location of the pedals and steering wheel. Otherwise they will be slightly off to your right if the seat is straight forward.

To help with clearance the rear outside corner of the seat can be placed slightly further outboard than the stock seat mounts would place it. This gives a little wiggle room for the positioning of the front inside corner. AND this gets your left knee away from the frame tubes. :D

Lndshrk Steve

Thanks for the tips. I've got short legs and a long frame because I wanted room to recline the seat. Again, my "formula car" coming out. I cut my teeth on 60's and 70's VW's and they also had the pedals off to the right