Seat Selections and Fitment

ATMironov

My frame should be shipping in the next few weeks and I need to make a decision on seats and get them coming.
My current front runner is the RaceQuip Full Containment seat. (Large)

My question is will they fit in the Goblin

Using the the Corbeau FX1 seat as a baseline (because we know it works) The RaceQuip seat would be 1.5" wider at the shoulder balusters and 1.5" Narrower at the thighs. The RaceQuip is also about 7.5" longer in the overall length.

Probably the simplest way to answer this if someone with the FX1 seats (not the pro) could tell me how much space is between the two seats at the shoulder balusters.
Or, if someone is using different seats and can share their information I can compare it to my pick to see if it might work.
436_9699XX99-PRIMARY-WEB.jpg
752_Seats-Size-Graphic-Full-Containment-Composite-Racing-Seat.jpg

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
The corbeau FX1 touch each other at the widest point by shoulders. So 1.5" each might be hard to fit together especially if the seats are pretty ridged.

Nuker-

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Here is a picture of my first goblin with FX1 seats, I guess you could move them to the side maybe? But you would have to cut the floor panel for the brackets to be able to slide over.

Nuker-

ATMironov

I do plan on fabricating my own seat mounts...
The base of the RaceQuip is narrower so it would probably let them be mounted further apart.
But this is pretty tight.
Probably best to wait to get the frame so I can measure and mock up. :(

My other option is a Racetech RT-4009WHR which is 23.6" or .6" wider at the shoulders compared to the FX1s and would probably work.. but they are twice the price @ $1,500.

RT4009HR-116(sml)-360x360.jpg

ATMironov

Hmmm.. I'm thinking it might work if I just mount one seat slightly further forward than the other so the shoulder's don't touch...

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
The narrow cabin and concerns about interference between the shoulder bolsters is a big part of why I went with aluminum seats. I had to bend the shoulder bolsters of both of my Kirkey 47 Series seats to make them narrower and eliminate contact in the middle. That's not really an option with a composite seat.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Since you will be customizing/building new seat brackets, angling them in toward the center of the frame by 3-4 degrees will gain some space between the upper part of the seats. It will also point your torso at the steering wheel and pedals - which are off center to the right if using the 'straight' stock mounts.