Seats

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Looking at seat. Was thinking about reclining seats. Anyone have pros and cons. Was looking at NRG seats. Also I like the idea of sliders. I plan on daily driving it in the summer so I want something that has some comfort. I would also like to do some autocross so need some support.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Stock seat: Pros - price, comfort, adjustability, 2 bolts to install, no custom mounts. Cons - 45 lbs each, not a full race seat appearance.

Option B: You can also keep the stock sliders, and mount to a race seat.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
I went with Braum seats. The Elite-R series. They recline and are on sliders. I did weld in my own mounts before I powder coated the frame. I'm very happy with them. They are around $900 for the pair (sliders included) but I did get a nice Military Discount of $135 so I paid $765.

Attachments

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
I went with Braum seats. The Elite-R series. They recline and are on sliders. I did weld in my own mounts before I powder coated the frame. I'm very happy with them. They are around $900 for the pair (sliders included) but I did get a nice Military Discount of $135 so I paid $765.
I’ve looked at these seats. Look fantastic in your car

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I’m using the NRG 208‘s with cobalt mounts and sliders.

Seats
NRG innovations RSC-208L/R
Planted technology cobalt seat brackets
SB225DR and PA
with the cobalt brackets, these were a direct bolt in.

I‘m a big guy (5’10” / 250#, 38” waist) and they work fine for me. Like I have said before, they could use a little more lumbar support, but I like a lot of lumbar.

Attachments

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Vivid has a sale on the Elite-R seats right now. Got mine through them: https://www.vividracing.com/braum-racing-eliter-series-sport-seats-black-leatherette-red-stitchingpiping-p-152791422.html

It's not the $765 that Frank paid through Braum, but it's still $100 off normal price. Plus, Braum won't even let you order them if they're out of stock. Vivid let me place the order and emailed me that they won't ship for 2 months, but they'll be drop shipped and I still get the sale price. kit won't be here till then anyways so don't NEED the seats now.

SACTX

I installed the Corbeau A4 seats with their sliders for the cobalt. (https://corbeau.com/a4/) Standard width with black cloth.

They work with very slight modification. They required a shim to lift the front clips to where they would attach correctly. They do shift the seat forward a good amount and they are low. At the rearmost setting they are about 5" from the back firewall. A quick flat steel bar with some holes could move them back very easily. The seats are very comfortable and were easy to install.

Last edited: