Seats

ole mother

I was wondering does anyone have seats they love/hate trying to decide on which seats to buy. Corbeau has a out of stock on their seats till late April.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Most vendors are out of stock on seats because they get them from China and the port of LA has a huge back log because they had to close multiple times for covid outbreaks.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
There was talk a little while back about DF getting set up to supply NRG seats, but I've not seen anything new on that recently. I will say that DF was told that it was going to be something like 10 weeks out for my order and was going to be kept in the loop by Corbeau, but DF's first update was that they'd been delivered at something like the 6 week mark, although this was probably 2 months ago.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I love my NRG seats that recline and slide. Bought the cobalt mounting brackets and it was an almost perfect match.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
DF is selling NRG seats I ordered mine through them. I’m still waiting for an update on when they will be shipped. I will say they were able to get them for me for the best price out there.

ole mother

I love my NRG seats that recline and slide. Bought the cobalt mounting brackets and it was an almost perfect match.

have any pictures of your seats?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Sure. There a gap in between the seats to add storage like a motorcycle tank bag. Both seats recline and slide. Pretty comfy for being race seats.

NRG innovations RSC-208L/R

Attachments

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I feel like that's a bit of an overspend when you can get Braum's or NRG's for half the price. They look nice though.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
I originally didn't think I'd want/need the recliner/slider but my wife didn’t like the courbeas so I swapped them out for some Ciper seats. She’s much happier and it’s actually pretty nice to be able to adjust the seat occasionally on a long drive.

ole mother

I originally didn't think I'd want/need the recliner/slider but my wife didn’t like the courbeas so I swapped them out for some Ciper seats. She’s much happier and it’s actually pretty nice to be able to adjust the seat occasionally on a long drive.
Do you have pictures of seats, and what bracket did you purchase/or make?

jamesm

Goblin Guru
I guess I never uploaded pictures of the new seats.

They are Cipher CPA1016 with Planted Tech SB225DR brackets. The seats are very comfortable. The brackets are nice but they need some spacers for the front hooks as the hooks are bigger than the chassis tubing.

15A5C985-7EAB-453C-A314-3622077CA41C.png

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
You may not use the adjustments much, but they are nice to have the option there, is/was my thinking.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Not enough holes in those seat brackets you made. :p;)
Since I had sliders I really only needed 4 mounting holes per seat. The first set of holes was for the original mounting of the seats. I could not get the seat to slide fully to the rear so I drilled another 2nd set of holes and re-mounted them. Much better !

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
If the outside dimension is wider than about 21 inches the seats become a tight fit in the cockpit space. Seat mount adjustments will be needed to move a seat laterally to squeeze it in.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
If the outside dimension is wider than about 21 inches the seats become a tight fit in the cockpit space. Seat mount adjustments will be needed to move a seat laterally to squeeze it in.
Would that 21” dimension at the bottom “D” point be the one or will the upper “E” dimension at 22.5” be an issue.