Seats

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
The bottom should fit. The top dimension might be a little tight causing the seats to touch in the middle. Adjustment of the seat to angle it in toward the center of the car about 2-3 degrees will help them fit better and - bonus - make your seat face the steering wheel centerline, rather than the left side of the steering column.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
The steering column and steering shaft going forward to the rack and pinion are supposed to be 'centered' in between the brake and clutch pedal arms. Many builders have found the steering shaft actually contacts the clutch pedal arm with the steering column installed in the DF location. If you angle the seat in toward the center of the car the steering column should be angled out toward side of the car to match the seat angle change. This will line up the seat and steering wheel more closely and get your left leg away from the frame into a more comfortable position. Doing this will affect the location of the steering shaft putting it closer to the brake pedal arm. I drew a crude diagram, hope this can explain what I'm talking about.

Attachments

Esstover

I went with Braum Elite-R seats. Fit well, have sliders and also recline. I welded in my own seat rail brackets. After the first install I felt the seats were a bit low so raised them another 1-1/4 inch with some "U" channel Aluminum. Very happy with how they turned out.
I'm doing something very similar to mount my seats. They site on a rail that is about 1" thick and have 1/4" spacers. That will put my seat just above the center seat belt mount (which I'm not using). I guess I'm curious about you deciding it was to low and raised it 1 1/4". I was thinking the lower the better. I guess the steering probably doesnt have much flexibility, so were you to low for the wheel? I want to make sure I stay low enough to keep the wind off. I went with the standard windscreen.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I used 1” sq tube welded the width of the seat rails. Same height as the stock sq tubing in the back and sitting on top of the sq tubing in front to give the seat bottom a little more angle.