Second Stage Photos and Questions

jamesm

Goblin Guru
Make sure you go back and reset the position on that turn signal cancel tab after you do your alignment otherwise it won't cancel properly.

mjgrusni

It seems like my lower control arms are not wide enough to fit over the frame. I have the single bend tube towards the front, shock mount pointed down. The distance from one face of the rod end to the same face of the other is about 10.5", but the distance across the bushings welded on the frame is about 11". Am I missing something here? Seems like all the pictures/video I have seen show the control arms being flush with the frame.
IMG_20200804_200250.jpg
IMG_20200804_200157.jpg
IMG_20200802_165432_02.jpg

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
It seems like my lower control arms are not wide enough to fit over the frame. I have the single bend tube towards the front, shock mount pointed down. The distance from one face of the rod end to the same face of the other is about 10.5", but the distance across the bushings welded on the frame is about 11". Am I missing something here? Seems like all the pictures/video I have seen show the control arms being flush with the frame.View attachment 15919View attachment 15920View attachment 15907
This was covered in Sasqwatch's build log. Just stretch it out. They draw in a little when welded.

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
Install Tip. Put the front end together with standard nuts, do your alignment and switch out to nylocs after the final adjustment. It takes several adjustments to get things just where you want them and it's a lot easier if you can take the nuts off with your fingers in order to spin the heim joints.

mjgrusni

Thanks for the replies. I did some searching on the forums but didn't go through build logs very thoroughly, I'll look harder next time.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Thanks for the replies. I did some searching on the forums but didn't go through build logs very thoroughly, I'll look harder next time.
The forum is getting pretty full and sometimes hard to find information. There is a lot of useful information that I know is in there and when I want to refer to it, I can never find it.

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
I've spent hours and hours searching for answers only to give up and ask on the forum. I usually have an answer in a few minutes. I'm not saying don't do your homework, but I'm also saying it can be a real time saver to just ask the question.

The people on this forum are some of the smartest and friendliest I've been acquainted with.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
The forum is getting pretty full and sometimes hard to find information. There is a lot of useful information that I know is in there and when I want to refer to it, I can never find it.
I went back and made an index in by build thread, because of how hard it is to find things here. Hopefully it will help others find things at least in my thread.

SwerveMonkey

Is there a Second Stage Checklist anywhere that I can use to evaluate completion?
I'm sort of at the end of my own list of things to do and want to make sure I have not missed anything vital