Shadow Lou Racing, street,track,autocross Goblin

George

Goblin Guru
Started Friday evening with the tear down, complete to day at 5pm. the car is a 2007 Cobalt SS supercharged.
Next step is to rebuild and modify the parts. Other than the fitment of the front wheel bearings is there any other reason not to run ABS braking?

Brad

theeulogy

You are doing about the same build I am going to be doing, will be keeping an eye on this one.

George

Goblin Guru
Will have to see if front and rear have same impulse rate. If the do should be able to make it work Should be able to program traction control off. The system does not have stability control

Brad

George

Goblin Guru
This week got ride of the shell, put the engine on a stand and gear box on the bench for tear down. This week end will work at video #9

Brad

George

Goblin Guru
Finished video #9 and # 10. Have abandoned the ABS idea. The system will reduce pressure to rear brakes as the brake pedal pressure increases. So checked the way pattern of front and rear wheel sensors they are not similar Remove ABS wiring

Brad

George

Goblin Guru
Disassembled transmission to install limited slip, ordered some bearings and syncros. Will not be working on wiring this weekend as planned. Bought a 2006 SAAB 9-3 with six speed manual.
Will use the SAAB engine because it is sand cast not foam making it a little stronger. Not going to use the six speed transmission at this time as already have limited slip for the 5 speed.
If I wind up with a highly tuned engine with a narrow power band may use the 6 speed.

Brad

George

Goblin Guru
Just picked up a ported cylinder head.
Have an opportuniy to get transmission,intake manifold, valve cover, oil pan, lower part of block and front cover anodized

Brad

George

Goblin Guru
Today worked on water pump drive have a few details to finish
Disassembled engine,cleaned pistons. Install ATI balancer, aluminum flywheel and better clutch. Going to have everything balanced since the balance shafts are removed..
Worked on videos 11 and 12. Have made mistakes on wiring. Does this car really need power steering? It can not steer as hard as our Sunbeam. Tiger.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
As long as you don't cut your wires off too short you can fix your goofs by soldering another wire on.

I'm not sure the Goblin really needs power steering, but from what Lonny said in the OneTake video, it will come in handy in places like parking lots.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
My '68 vette with a very heavy 454 doesn't have power steering. It could use it for sure, but going down the road, it's not a problem at all. Parking lots and 3-point turns in another story.

If you are not going to use the power steering, you may want to look into removing the motor from the steering so you are aren't having to try and spin the motor for no reason.

George

Goblin Guru
I did cut the wires to short,going to try and buy new terminals and repair the problem

The reason for not using the power steering is to allow the steering to return without better with out using high caster angles.

Could try and put the power steering in the Tiger

Brad