Shadow Lou Racing, street,track,autocross Goblin

George

Goblin Guru
It will do it in steady state even with lighter springs but earlier this week I measured how much rear compression travel it had. Less than an inch so I readjusted the the rear strut for more compression travel and shorted the bump stop but with all the rain have not tested it yet. Sunday it is going to clear off.
Going to grind the tired tread before next autocross.

Brad

George

Goblin Guru
Today added more spring cushions to front springs. It has increased the cornering speed and feels more controlable on hard cornering. Currently have 400# rate spring with a 40 and a 50 pound spring cushion. So after this weekends autocross will install 500# springs a retest.

Brad

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
How clean is the air above the cage with the full windscreen? Were you able to get clean air down the center with the notched wind screen?

George

Goblin Guru
The notched windscreen is good for hot days. The windscreen I have now is attached to the roll cage s I have the track chassis. It works the best less air coning from the engine and the air flow hit the top roll cage bar so that the position of my top mounted intercooler get full air flow. If you install the windscreen as designed the air flow is a foot above the roll cage because of the angle it is installed. Drop me a message if you want to talk. I do better on the phone than typing

Brad

George

Goblin Guru
Autocross was Sunday, car handled the best it has all year. But the boost bypass valve shaft stuck in the open potion so no boost.
Removed supercharger to repair also replaced the actuator. While waiting for actuator remove nose. Steering had slight catch when turning, the steering shaft u joints were binding. Spaced down steering shaft 1". That got rid of the catch and made the steering lighter.
Installed the 500# front springs, thinking of going to 600# just to see what happens.
The car became hard to shift,the four bolts that hold the shifter down were loose.

Brad

Last edited:

George

Goblin Guru
James Young, an SCCA person who helped setup the course. His wife has also driven it. My days of being able to drive hard have slipped away

Brad

George

Goblin Guru
I finally figured out how to load a video to youtube that I shot from my GoPro. This is event 7 at MCC. Spring rates are 500# front and 125# rear. Car had almost no boost as the boost bypass valve is stuck open. When you compare this video to the last one I posted you will see an increase in turn speed.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Brad, how tall are you? Just looking through the windscreen photos and gathering ideas for trimming mine down when it arrives.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
What is the width on your mirror? Is the size right in your opinion or would you have gone smaller if there were options?