Shipping info

Richie

What are the dimensions and weight of a stage 3 kit. Need to know if I'm going to pick it up or have the kit delivered

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Keep in mind you'll be paying Texas taxes if you pick it up. I don't have the dimensions as I got my kit delivered by a DF supplied shipping company but here are some things to keep in mind regarding kit pickup:

1. Ship it straight - $400 crate fee + shipping cost. This is for just your kit only to your door. The kit is shipped to the nearest YRC Terminal or a business address that can receive a semi. They can't ship to a residential address.

2. Ship it with other kits - Just the hot shot fee, no $400 crate fee. 3-4 kits to NC was around $650/kit. The kit is delivered to your door usually during the week. You'll work with Adam / Lonny to coordinate as they have the insight.

3. Pick it up yourself - Pay 8.25% Texas taxes bc no proof of delivery. This is usually the most expensive option everything considered.

4. Have a company pick it up - You could use an LLC (your own company or maybe a friends?) and pick up the vehicle in person as long as you have a Bill of Lading (BOL) which you can get one off the internet. This is basically what option #2 does but you get to see the shop. Obviously additional costs for gas/hotel etc. No Texas taxes.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
All things considered, I went with option 2 with the delivery of my kit along with 2 other kits shipped on the same trip. The price of travel to Red Oak from Phoenix (1075 miles one way) and back again with hotel, food, gas, and trailer rental exceeded the cost of the delivery from DF to my door. The delivery was great, on time, and everything arrived intact. The delivery guys were courteous and ensured you got everything off the trailer that was shipped. The only thing that I regret doing this is not being able to visit the DF shop, but this gives me an excuse to visit sometime in the future, hopefully in my finished Goblin.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Visiting the DF factory is a must on your bucket list. I have been fortunate to have been by there twice already. Only 3.5 hours from Houston. :)

Maybe a Goblin meet-up needs to be planned down the road so everyone can put it on the calendar and swarm Adam and Lonnie at the factory with some finished Goblins someday????

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Visiting the DF factory is a must on your bucket list. I have been fortunate to have been by there twice already. Only 3.5 hours from Houston. :)

Maybe a Goblin meet-up needs to be planned down the road so everyone can put it on the calendar and swarm Adam and Lonnie at the factory with some finished Goblins someday????
I think I would drive mine from PA to Texas just to experience that!

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Keep in mind you'll be paying Texas taxes if you pick it up. I don't have the dimensions as I got my kit delivered by a DF supplied shipping company but here are some things to keep in mind regarding kit pickup:

1. Ship it straight - $400 crate fee + shipping cost. This is for just your kit only to your door.

2. Ship it with other kits - Just the hot shot fee, no $400 crate fee. 3-4 kits to NC was around $650/kit. Probably to your door as well. EDIT: Confirmed it's to your door.

3. Pick it up yourself - Pay 8.25% Texas taxes bc no proof of delivery. This is usually the most expensive option everything considered.

4. Have a company pick it up - You could use an LLC (your own company or maybe a friends?) and pick up the vehicle in person as long as you have a Bill of Lading (BOL) which you can get one off the internet. This is basically what option #2 does but you get to see the shop. Obviously additional costs for gas/hotel etc. No Texas taxes.

Hope this helps
To actually contribute, I did option #2. It cost a little bit more than $650 that way, but I was a northeast route, PA/NJ/NY area. Mine shipped via the hot shot guys, along with two other northeast kits. I got lucky, the hot shot guys ran into a TERNADER or something on the way up, and the other two kits were damaged while mine was not (sorry to those who were affected by the damaged kits). But the hot shot guys were great, and made extra sure I was completely satisfied with the delivery.

Indy Lonnie

I drove from Indianapolis, IN to Red Oak, TX (14+ hours - 950 miles). I used a small 8" x 5" trailer and pulled it back with a Honda Odyssey. Dropped it off in the afternoon and they had it securely loaded, strapped down and ready to go the next morning at 6am. Drove straight back for peace of mind. Lonnie, his wife and Adam are wonderful people. The tour and meeting was worth the time and $.