Side mirror wiring

95Blitz

I'm having a problem with my side mirrors lights. With the parking lights and head lights off, the blinkers work fine. But when you turn the parking/head lights on the blinkers in the side mirrors quit working, the rear blinkers work all the time. In the video I have a wire jumped to the yellow halo on the headlight, that is coming from the mirror blinkers wire just to show that power is still being applied to that wire when the other lights are on. The only thing I can think of is the turn signal light is losing ground when the other lights are on.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Run wires from the rear blinkers up to your side mirror lights, and power them both at the same time.

Joebob

Goblin Guru
Steven,

I have my mirrors wired differently than yours and may be the reason for the issue. I have the larger light be the turn signal indicator and the smaller outer bulb, be the parking light. With my headlights off, the larger light blinks with the turn signal indicator. With the headlights on, the smaller bulb is lit. When the headlights on and turn signal indicated, both the larger and the smaller lights alternate blinking.

Check out this thread:

Joe

95Blitz

Thanks for the link, I had looked at that post awhile back and had forgotten about it..i changed the wiring on it and got it the way I wanted but not sure I like it now. Here is how it's wired to have the smaller builds be the blinker. But it's a nothing little light. Pic is of the drivers side. And is.
Car harness to mirror harness. Red to orange, green to red, orange to green.

Attachments

95Blitz

Steven,

I have my mirrors wired differently than yours and may be the reason for the issue. I have the larger light be the turn signal indicator and the smaller outer bulb, be the parking light. With my headlights off, the larger light blinks with the turn signal indicator. With the headlights on, the smaller bulb is lit. When the headlights on and turn signal indicated, both the larger and the smaller lights alternate blinking.

Check out this thread:

Joe
I went back and rewired it so it's set up like yours, I think it looks better that way.
That wiring setup looks like car harness to mirror harness
red to red, orange to green, and green to orange.