simple front plate mount

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Front mount with a light?
Montana has a two plate - front and back - requirement, but they do offer a waiver for the front plate too.
I was wondering what the rules on running a two plate car in a single plate state were. So you can just pay the Montana gov and legally only run one plate? Or is the waiver free?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Believe it's a fee - doesn’t everything involved with a government agency require a fee?

Planning a trip to Montana with your Goblin? If your home state doesn't require a front license plate you would likely be able to run without a front Montana plate. Doubt any local constable would write you up for missing a front Montana plate.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
WA requires a front plate, but per RCW 46.16A.200, “the Washington state patrol may grant exceptions to this subsection if the body construction of the vehicle makes compliance with this section impossible.”

“Impossible” (as defined under Washington Administrative Code 308-56A-500) means that “... there was nothing made by the manufacturer (to include, but not limited to, a bracket or the bumper of the vehicle) for the originally manufactured vehicle which would allow the license plate to be affixed to the vehicle in the manner prescribed in RCW 46.16A.200.”

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Woo-hoo! Get a good lawyer lined up, that sounds like some $$ coming your way. I'd have to believe that this is definitely a state overstep of their authority over a vehicle registered to a business out of state. 'They be swinging for the fence' on this one but see a big 'L' in their future! ;):cool:

Last I knew Colorado required a front plate.

Goblinfanclub1234

Woo-hoo! Get a good lawyer lined up, that sounds like some $$ coming your way. I'd have to believe that this is definitely a state overstep of their authority over a vehicle registered to a business out of state. 'They be swinging for the fence' on this one but see a big 'L' in their future! ;):cool:

Last I knew Colorado required a front plate.
there is no money coming my way

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
If they impound your Goblin because it has Montana plates and it is legally registered to a LLC there, that situation is definitely grounds for a lawsuit. Unless there is a specific law on the books that states to the contrary, you should point at the Montana plates, show it is registered to the out of state business and ask what law you have broken that they can confiscate your personal property without due process? I know of at least one lawyer here in Arizona who would jump all over that one.

Goblinfanclub1234

If they impound your Goblin because it has Montana plates and it is legally registered to a LLC there, that situation is definitely grounds for a lawsuit. Unless there is a specific law on the books that states to the contrary, you should point at the Montana plates, show it is registered to the out of state business and ask what law you have broken that they can confiscate your personal property without due process? I know of at least one lawyer here in Arizona who would jump all over that one.
After the DMV finally agreed to let me have it I got a voicemail from one of the DMV directors telling me that the police will not mess with me, I am just trying to avoid getting hassled in every way possible haha