simple throttle pedal spring kit *it works*

Goblinfanclub1234

I made up this prototype throttle pedal spring bracket to help with starting in 1st gear.

1) bracket designed to fit in throttle pedal bolt holes, I used some left over 6061 aluminum I had. it sandwhiches between the pedal assembly and the mount.
2) Spectre throttle springs I found at autozone
3) drilled the 1.25 inch hole and held it up to the throttle to mark the bolt holes
4) eyeballed where the spring sits nice and drilled holes

This thing makes a very noticable difference in driveability. I may still exeriement with stronger springs. It will move the pedal towards the tunnel by the thickness of the bracket, allowing my foot to rest easier on the tunnel.

I thought about possibly selling this as a kit on here but its not that hard to make.

UNITS ARE IN INCHES

Last edited:

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
It helps mitigate the throttle sensitivity that makes your car buck in first gear. I never really saw a need for it, personally, but YMMV.

Goblinfanclub1234

My goblin was impossible to drive at first...but then I discovered that the MAP sensors were installed backwards, my PCV valve was bad, and my MAF was also sending bad signals. I kept the spring in there anyways.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Made mine tonight, took about 45 minutes total. Makes a huge difference in 1st and 2nd gear. Doesn’t eliminate the bucking completely but make the pedal so much less sensitive.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I just eyeballed it, but based it off the original picture. I’d give it a try. It’s not going to solve the issue completely but it is much better.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
So update, I decided to change my Accelerator Pedal due to a random P-code that indicated it was suspect. Once I changed the pedal and with this mount/springs installed the bouncy sensation in 1st and 2nd gear is almost all the way gone. I'm not an expert but it seems the sensitive throttle on the LSJ engine may be an indication that the pedal sensor is getting close to it demise?

Sorry to hijack this thread a bit but I felt this information might be helpful along with the pedal spring installation.