Single GM Stage 1 sensor sourcing both MAPs?

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Okay so before you read, know that I do not have DFs intake pipes or air to water intercooler. That's the premise of this question. This is merely a feeler for a potential path, not trying to burn my car to the ground.

I have two GM Stage 1 sensors. One is correctly wired and in the intake manifold. The other is not used. Hear me out.

I did not buy the charge pipes from DF. I do not have a charge pipe MAP right now. I'm seeing that's making my life difficult so I am trying to get in touch with @Adam to see if we can work out a plan to get me straight, but in writing my email just now I thought that I may could tie the same manifold MAP to source both sensors via pigtails. I know they have 3 wires on the manifold and 4 on the charge pipe, but the sensor is identical for both and they're ALMOST in the same spot aside from having a throttle body in-between.

Cliff notes: does anyone see any issues if I used one map sensor and wired it (correctly) to both harness pigtails for intake manifold and charge pipe?

My plan with Adam is to get just the aluminum block the map fits into and I'd have someone aluminum weld it onto my custom intake tubing since I use a different size I think (I'm 2.5" throughout)

Thanks!

Edit: Talked to Adam, just gonna go with a MAP tube welded up by DF rather than mess with splicing and dicing.

Feel free to delete this thread.

Last edited: