size size and size

AZmoto

I finally got a chance to mock up the interior. There's plenty of leg and headroom. The biggest issue is always my right leg trying to squeeze between the steering wheel and the shifter. The pedals seem awkwardly close to the floor but that could be a product of a lot of things at this point including my imagination.

My head is about a half inch above the top of the seat so there is plenty of room to raise that up a bit which is good because i would like it a little higher. The stock steering wheel is a bit too far away with the seat in this extreme position but since a quick release wheel pushes everything closer that might be just about right.

seat mock up 1.jpg
seat mock up 2.jpg

Peregrinus

I've noticed the pedels in my car seem close to the floor aswell, I really wish they were mounted an inch higher, but I know that would cause issues immediately with the steering shaft and hood mounting. So I think it's the way it is for those reasons.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
I've noticed the pedels in my car seem close to the floor aswell, I really wish they were mounted an inch higher, but I know that would cause issues immediately with the steering shaft and hood mounting. So I think it's the way it is for those reasons.
I think you are 100% correct. They are low,,, but it would mess up the looks of the car to raise them or have them straight in front of you.

AZmoto

In my mock up my butt is actually lower than the bottom of the pedals which is completely the wrong approach angle for my feet. I can only work the brake with my heel. I will probably end of mounting the seat as high up as I can get away with. Hopefully that will improve things.

That being said, however, has anyone here ever modified the pedal box?

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Do you have a seat cover for your Kirkey seat? I found that the padded cover for the road race seat I used made a substantial difference with respect to driving position.

AZmoto

Do you have a seat cover for your Kirkey seat? I found that the padded cover for the road race seat I used made a substantial difference with respect to driving position.
Yes I do. And I'm not opposed to adding an additional 1/2" of confor foam depending on how my butt feels on longer outings. I anticipate some tweaking and adjusting of the interior after I get this thing on the road.

Ross

Goblin Guru
In my mock up my butt is actually lower than the bottom of the pedals which is completely the wrong approach angle for my feet. I can only work the brake with my heel. I will probably end of mounting the seat as high up as I can get away with. Hopefully that will improve things.

That being said, however, has anyone here ever modified the pedal box?
Check out this thread on pedals.

AZmoto

I wanted follow up to my contribution to this thread for anyone searching in the future now that I have completed the interior. The Kirkey adds a ton of space over what I remember from test sitting a Corbeau seat. I used the stock DF seat mounts and have the Kirkey seatback touching rear frame. There is a ton of space and it's quite comfortable. In fact I can easily get in and out without removing the steering wheel. I have the 17" inch wide seat but it looks like there is enough room to run the 18.5" version if necessary.