size size and size

cowboy1296

Not sure if the extended DK is the kit for me, even with the extension i am concerned that it might not be big enough. Are there picture to be found of the extended model. I am 74, 6'6" and 285. Is there anyone in Colorado, northern New Mexico or western Kansas that would want to show off the extended version. has anyone put a riser kit on theirs?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
At your size, I would make sure to see one in person before I bought. I think you are likely pushing the limits of even the extended frame and I would say no way on the regular size.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Paul(AZmoto) is about your size and he recently purchased his kit, after a couple visits to 'try-on' my extended track frame. He bought a Kirkey seat to fit and also tried my cheap ebay seat. It was snug, but some steering wheel and minor pedal adjustment seemed to fit his 6'7" frame. Hopefully he will see this post and respond.

cowboy1296

Desert S may have given me the info that i needed. without the proper size, even with modification i would not be comfortable for a long ride

AZmoto

I don't have a conclusive answer yet. As soon as I finish the wiring harness the next step will be to mock up the pedals, steering column/wheel, shifter and seat to figure what has to be done to make it all work.

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
Not sure if the extended DK is the kit for me, even with the extension i am concerned that it might not be big enough. Are there picture to be found of the extended model. I am 74, 6'6" and 285. Is there anyone in Colorado, northern New Mexico or western Kansas that would want to show off the extended version. has anyone put a riser kit on theirs?
Good to see you here! Yes, an extended frame would be a MUST for you. Hopefully there's a Goblin Family Member close to you that has a completed extended frame that you can jump in & try out!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Desert S may have given me the info that i needed. without the proper size, even with modification i would not be comfortable for a long ride
Don't give up so quickly. The mods are very minor that anyone building a Goblin can make. You REALLY need to sit in one before writing it off. :D

Peregrinus

I am 6'4 300 lbs and fit fine with an extended frame. With a quick detach wheel I'd imagine you'd be fine, but definitely try sitting in one to be 100%

I have kirky drag seats too, which I imagine helps alot, mounted just 1" off the floor.

I don't have a quick detach wheel now and am fine. Once I get that quick detach wheel it'll streamline my getting in and out, but even as is I don't have any issues. I think the kirky seats is a huge factor.

For the record the kirky seat I have is I think $140+128$ for the washable cover. It's worth every penny. I'll see if I can grab some pics for you.

Attachments

Last edited:

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Agreed with @Peregrinus , i'd go extended with 18.5" kirkey seats and aircraft rails for you with manual steering and you should be fine (check my build for what's involved). i'm 6'2 215 in NC so no first hand experience except a 6'5 250 guy in the passenger seat fitting just fine

cowboy1296

there is absolutely no doubt that if i went this direction i would go with the extended kit. the question still remains is the extended long enough? has anyone ever put a lift kit on one? The desire for one of these is to replace the harley FLH. I typically would do up to 2 week trips on the harley and do 300 miles a day in the mountains. Now can you do this many miles a day in this car on and off freeways?

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I think that entirely depends on you, but from what I've seen from various road trip posts on here it's the seat that you pick that makes the difference.
Most out-of-the-box seats (that fit without modification) are generally 1-2 hour comfortable I think?

I vaguely remember Lonny saying the Corbeau's are good (for him) for about an hour??

I think with enough adjustability (reclining seats and sliders) you'd be able to find a comfortable enough position to suit your needs for longer trips. I really, really love my Braum seats. They fit like a glove and are extremely comfortable, plus they recline and slide and fit perfectly with very little mounting changes.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
there is absolutely no doubt that if i went this direction i would go with the extended kit. the question still remains is the extended long enough? has anyone ever put a lift kit on one? The desire for one of these is to replace the harley FLH. I typically would do up to 2 week trips on the harley and do 300 miles a day in the mountains. Now can you do this many miles a day in this car on and off freeways?
What are you talking about for a lift kit? Raising the seat?

Last edited:

Rauq

Goblin Guru
When you talk about a lift kit or riser kit, does the Goblin AT fit the bill? Image below is from the DFKC gallery. They only build them in auto, largely due to gearing issues that have been covered here among other places. I'm sure this is still more than quick enough and handles well enough to do twisties if that's your inclination.

Dale E

I have Ultrashield seats (like a Kirky aluminium shell type) with the shoulder wings and slightly padded covers in my Stalker and It is comfortable for me on a 300 day trip. When we are on our meet-ups we do up to 250 or so miles, with a few stops along the way and lunch breaks. I don't see any reason you could not do that type of drives in a Goblin with a more padded seat. You just have to research and find the best seating position seat for you.

My Birkin S3 has a narrowed Porsche 914 seat with foam from Aircraft Spruce. Nice and comfy!

Make sure the seats have some thigh bolstering and side/shoulder support to hold you when doing the twisty roads. And good lumbar support!!

Dale
seat.jpg

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I have Ultrashield seats (like a Kirky aluminium shell type) with the shoulder wings and slightly padded covers in my Stalker and It is comfortable for me on a 300 day trip. When we are on our meet-ups we do up to 250 or so miles, with a few stops along the way and lunch breaks. I don't see any reason you could not do that type of drives in a Goblin with a more padded seat. You just have to research and find the best seating position seat for you.

My Birkin S3 has a narrowed Porsche 914 seat with foam from Aircraft Spruce. Nice and comfy!

Make sure the seats have some thigh bolstering and side/shoulder support to hold you when doing the twisty roads. And good lumbar support!!

Dale
Those look an awful lot like the Kirkey 47 Series seats I have in my Goblin. Can confirm that with their airknit cover, I am comfortable for a couple hours. The 47 Series has been superseded by the 65 Series (I also have one of those, not installed), and I imagine that it would be the same story.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
I am 6 3" and currently 280lbs with limited mobility. I have an extended track easy entry with extra frame bar (loose 4" over plain easy entry), Today I fitted the drivers seat (NRG Large Racing Seat) there is plenty of room behind the seat yet and I have no issues getting in and out. I did cut 2" out of the steering shaft as I do not like the wheel in my face. I am going to add the extra bar in the halo to give me something extra to grab onto.

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
I am 6 3" and currently 280lbs with limited mobility. I have an extended track easy entry with extra frame bar (loose 4" over plain easy entry), Today I fitted the drivers seat (NRG Large Racing Seat) there is plenty of room behind the seat yet and I have no issues getting in and out. I did cut 2" out of the steering shaft as I do not like the wheel in my face. I am going to add the extra bar in the halo to give me something extra to grab onto.
Can you post a picture of your "doors"?