Sloppy shifter.

JERMzSS

I just ordered a new ottp short thow shifter but i need some help. My old shifter is completely wore out. Pivot ball bushing all of them. Can they be replaced or does the entire assembly need replaced? Anyone have part numbers? I'm not having much luch Googling this morning.

JERMzSS

If it works please let me know. They only way to get a.new GM bushing is by ordering an entire new shifter assembly. Yuck lol

m050120

Took about 45 minutes from the time I started pulling trim until the last piece was back in place. Tightened everything up nicely. If you’ve got a lot of slop in your shifter, I’d highly recommend that kit. I have no affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

JERMzSS

Took about 45 minutes from the time I started pulling trim until the last piece was back in place. Tightened everything up nicely. If you’ve got a lot of slop in your shifter, I’d highly recommend that kit. I have no affiliation, just a satisfied customer.
Do you have an ss or base? It didnt work for me. Of course I could be doing something wrong too. lol

SwerveMonkey

Running into the same issue here, I have a sloppy shifter and difficulty with left to right motion of the shifter & resulting in difficulties getting into reverse. Unfortunately for me, my bushing broke when I tried to reassemble the unit after realizing I have the wrong short shifter from OTTP. Naive Past Me did not know that there were TWO different versions of the transmission and I had the wrong one on a wishlist on amazon. I'll order what m050120 grabbed and report back on my situation with images.

SwerveMonkey

This must be for the F23 my F35 doesn’t look like this
You're right, that is for the GETRAG F23
Found this image in Amazon for similar bushing product

The F35 is a heftier shifter I.M.O. and a reverse gear lock out mechanism
found this image in the SATURNForum dot com.