Slug??

Whidbey Goblin

Just got my chassis out of powder coat and I’m beginning assembly. I’m ready to pull my coolant lines through the frame and there is supposed to be an aluminum slug. Is that not something supplied? I can’t seem to find it in any of my kit contents.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Just got my chassis out of powder coat and I’m beginning assembly. I’m ready to pull my coolant lines through the frame and there is supposed to be an aluminum slug. Is that not something supplied? I can’t seem to find it in any of my kit contents.
They stopped doing it with the slug. There is a small aluminum ring you use. I’ll look for the link Adam sent me on how to use it.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I didn't get a slug either. I tied a nut on my pull string, then put the nut in the hose, and a hose clamp on it, in front of the nut.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I picked my kit up recently and as mentioned its not really a slug anymore, its like a 1/2" ring and was in the bag with all the hose clamps and hose splicers.

Wish I had seen that video above before last weekend when I struggled to use the ring as a slug inside the hose :mad:

Last edited: