Sluggonaut's Extended Track #364 - 2007 SS/SC (Turbo) Donor

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Turbo donors have the fuel filter in the pump. You will use your original line to hook from the pump to the fuel rail.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
If you are talking about the outlet on the back side of the turbo, here is what I have.
also a pic of the stock fuel line connected.

A8F5C506-002F-4309-A518-43226C9B4AFA.jpeg53C67470-91E9-4DBF-9548-8944CE17613D.jpeg85D984B3-9E95-4755-80C5-F13BAF29A18D.jpeg

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Turbo donors have the fuel filter in the pump. You will use your original line to hook from the pump to the fuel rail.
I have 2 fuel lines coming out of my fuel pump currently and I was going to connect those to the fuel filter. Are you saying I need to somehow eliminate one of the 2 lines and extend the other to my fuel rail?

My donor is a 2007 SS/SC LSJ with a turbo swap, so my kit came with the SS/SC fuel tank and I am using the LSJ fuel pump. I don't have any other fuel lines so I'm just trying to figure out what to order.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
also a pic of the stock fuel line connected.

View attachment 32644
Your fuel pump pic is an LNF style. I have an LSJ with 2 fuel lines coming out of the fuel pump. Those connect to the fuel filter that gets bolted under the fuse box with one connection coming out of the other side of the fuel filter that should connect to the fuel rail from my understanding.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Sorry, when I saw yours had a turbo I did not realize it was a turbo swap.
So the 2 lines to the fuel filter, with 1 more line to the fuel rail is correct?

If so, I just need to know what I connect between the fuel filter and fuel rail. It's the only thing keeping me from trying my first start.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
So the 2 lines to the fuel filter, with 1 more line to the fuel rail is correct?

If so, I just need to know what I connect between the fuel filter and fuel rail. It's the only thing keeping me from trying my first start.
Unless kits have changed since I did mine, this line was fabricated with parts from the kit- nylon tubing and barbed quick disconnects on both ends. On the fuel filter side there's a double ended male steel quick disconnect barb which goes into the fuel filter and into the black plastic quick disconnect. Getting the quick disconnect barb into the nylon line is a chore of its own.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Don’t I remember that the lsj filter is also a pressure regulator which is why it has two “inlets” (actually inlet and return)?

Rauq

Goblin Guru
The regulator is in the tank, so the fuel flows into the filter through one port, and then what is above pressure is allowed to bleed out from the other port on the same side of the filter, through the return line, back into the tank, and then through the regulator which dumps into the bucket.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Unless kits have changed since I did mine, this line was fabricated with parts from the kit- nylon tubing and barbed quick disconnects on both ends. On the fuel filter side there's a double ended male steel quick disconnect barb which goes into the fuel filter and into the black plastic quick disconnect. Getting the quick disconnect barb into the nylon line is a chore of its own.
I don't have any fuel line bits in my boxes. I am picking up some Dorman parts from Advanced today and will use some of the nylon 3/8" tube I have leftover.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
You can see the LSJ regulator in the fuel pump in my post here. Like Rauq said, the fuel bleeds back through the filter into the regulator to maintain the fuel pressure ceiling in the system. When you do the BRFPS, you use a single inlet/outlet filter and the return line goes to the external FPR. The internal regulator has to be removed like my photos show so that it doesn't mess with the fuel pressure in the line.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
You can see the LSJ regulator in the fuel pump in my post here. Like Rauq said, the fuel bleeds back through the filter into the regulator to maintain the fuel pressure ceiling in the system. When you do the BRFPS, you use a single inlet/outlet filter and the return line goes to the external FPR. The internal regulator has to be removed like my photos show so that it doesn't mess with the fuel pressure in the line.
My donor ran fine so I am just trying to keep it configured as it was to get through my first start. Once I have a running Goblin I'll start digging into changes like a BRFPS, but not at this point.

It sounds like I should have received some parts for this but I do not have any, so I'll source some locally.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
I have the LSJ and reused the stock fuel line connectors with purchased high pressure fuel hose and clamps.
Allowed for better routing of lines than the stock nylon ones.
16513434347808565026658386629839.jpg
16513434723867312977205934605546.jpg
16513434935131309862359502811616.jpg

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Does anyone happen to know the part # for the passenger side coolant hose that comes with the TC kits? I'd love to route mine like the one shown in the Helpful Photos album:

The hose that came with my kit occupies the same space the intake piping needs to go and I would love to replace it with the one shown above that swings well clear of the MAF tube.

Here are the 2 pieces installed from my kit:

Here is where the intake piping goes: