Smog/ air injection pump

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Not coming up with much while searching. It would appear that the smog/air pump indicates my G5 is a California car. Is that correct?
That is used in places where the states have tighter emission standards not just California. My PA car had it. It is called Secondary Air Injection (SAI). Yes you can remove it. It will however determine what header you will use See this post . Your car has the NU6 code that is a PZEV does it have the XFE logo on the decklid? If so JSATX and I have used the same donors. If it has the XFE it will have the FY1 code for a 3.63 axle ratio Vs. the 3.82.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
NU6. Ugh. It's just the fuel pump that's different, and I can pull all this smog pump garbage off, right?
View attachment 12118
I bought a non PZEV fuel pump and a pig tail for my car and it all worked out good. I have the numbers and where I got them at if you want. If you haven't yet do not bother pulling the fuel tank there is nothing there that you will use.

Dsteinhorst

Yes, it's also an FY1car. There isn't an XFE sticker on the lid though. Explains why it got such great gas mileage on my trip back from Detroit.

I'm from central Wisconsin, so no emissions here.
Thanks for all info. I'll grab a pump and harness from Rock Auto. Going to have to look into the exhaust manifold/header situation. Thanks for the note on not pulling the tank. I would have done that today.

Hopefully this means the Catalytic converter is worth more.

Dsteinhorst

I bought a non PZEV fuel pump and a pig tail for my car and it all worked out good. I have the numbers and where I got them at if you want. If you haven't yet do not bother pulling the fuel tank there is nothing there that you will use.
Karter, can you post or PM me the fuel pump pigtail part number? The generic Ebay one I got was wrong. Thanks!

Dsteinhorst

I have the fuel pump, although I paid twice the price through Rock Auto.

That harness was the first one I got. Ebay copy that is. Looks like the correct one is Dorman 645-925 or standard motor products S-1202. A bit pricey.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I found it on my build sheet I bought my harness on Ebay but no number. Keep searching because I just bought a TMAP pig tail on ebay for $13.00
this was the best price I found otherwise! TMAP Pigtail