SmsDetroit Registered!!! Extended Track Goblin 09 Turbo SS

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
So I'm in the same boat.... can a tune raise when the rev limiter kicks in... not like a 1000rpms but it seems like 250-500 would help. Getting used to about where its going to hit but it would be nice to have a cushion.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Sure can. Pick any RPM you want to limit.
Maybe the Fuel Cutoff RPM by Gear works for the automatic, but my standard never shifts thru the gears in this table. I think it all 1st gear according to the PCM. But that becomes the RPM limit for the engine.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Sure can. Pick any RPM you want to limit.
Maybe the Fuel Cutoff RPM by Gear works for the automatic, but my standard never shifts thru the gears in this table. I think it all 1st gear according to the PCM. But that becomes the RPM limit for the engine.
View attachment 26196
Yea... looks like a tune or a tuner will be in order this winter... for first I thing 250 rpm would be good and 150 for second would make a world of difference. You ears can only do so much and trying to watch the tach on a launch is less than ideal.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Yea... looks like a tune or a tuner will be in order this winter... for first I thing 250 rpm would be good and 150 for second would make a world of difference. You ears can only do so much and trying to watch the tach on a launch is less than ideal.
If you have the standard transmission, you don't get to pick RPM by Gear. That only works for the automatic transmission.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Ya gotta just start shifting as soon as you push the gas to the floor :p Got about 1/2 second in first gear to redline LOL
Nuker-
Yep. Exactly. It wraps out quick in first.

At autocross, I normally start in 2nd because 1st is fairly useless at full throttle, due to spinning and almost instant redline. This last autocross we had a weird 90* entry to the track that kind of made me use first. Once I got straightened I could full throttle, but that lead to a rapid up shift mid corner of turn 1. Less throttle to keep speed, short shift, start in second, There was no good way around it. o_O

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Stiffer springs in rear. Also I put the 1 inch longer qa1s on the front and the tires are a little more capable of contacting the ground in the front when weight is transfered to the rear now. I am running variable rate like Ross on the front.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Stiffer springs in rear. Also I put the 1 inch longer qa1s on the front and the tires are a little more capable of contacting the ground in the front when weight is transfered to the rear now. I am running variable rate like Ross on the front.
P/N of the springs?

ccannx

Goblin Guru
P/N of the springs?
I'm using using the Qa1's in the rear because I modified an upper a-arm into the rear. But the qa1's and BC's are the same 2.5 id I'm using this in the front with the 1 inch longer qa1's
2 1/2" I.D. Variable Rate High Travel Spring - 10" length
SKU: 10HT225/475

I think I'm on a 400lb spring in the rear but it may be too stiff for my liking with the extra power.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Also I put the 1 inch longer qa1s on the front and the tires are a little more capable of contacting the ground in the front when weight is transfered to the rear now. I am running variable rate like Ross on the front.
Yep. I did the same and lIke them much better, so far.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Time to fire this back up. I’m pulling the engine this winter for some maintenance and to paint it. Also doing some body work. I found 10-15 wires in the engine harness that have missing insulation on them so I ordered a new harness. I’ll be installing that while the engine is out.

neodied

She’s went off to the powder coater this morning
Which shop did you use? Are you satisfied with their work and price? I'm starting to explore that since my frame is coming up soonish in the queue.

Nope. I had DF weld in a harness bar higher up. I want to get it built ASAP to get it registered and enjoy it for the summer. Then next winter start changing the things I don’t like. If I like everything then MORE POWER BABY!
Was this something that you just mentioned to DFK as "I want harness bar" and they knew what you wanted, or did you have to send them drawings and dimensions and specifics that you came up with yourself?

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Which shop did you use? Are you satisfied with their work and price? I'm starting to explore that since my frame is coming up soonish in the queue.

Was this something that you just mentioned to DFK as "I want harness bar" and they knew what you wanted, or did you have to send them drawings and dimensions and specifics that you came up with yourself?
I used supreme powder coating on Grosebeck . There are two of them you want this one. Did a good job and got it done quickly. I did have to take the tunnel cap back because it was a bit lite but he fixed it that day.

The standard bar is a bit low for harness so I asked them to weld one 4” higher which out would with my height and seats. This is an additional bar not a replacement

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Does anyone have pictures of theirs footwell cover installed. I’ve been fighting with mine to get it all the way back to upright bars. I even took the power steering motor per Lonny’s suggestion to see if it would help. Any close up pictures from the front and side would be much appreciated.

Attachments

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Does anyone have pictures of theirs footwell cover installed. I’ve been fighting with mine to get it all the way back to upright bars. I even took the power steering motor per Lonny’s suggestion to see if it would help. Any close up pictures from the front and side would be much appreciated.
You could try it this way as well:

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Not a bad days worth of work. Completely replaced the engine harness with a brand new one from GM. Also replaced the valve cover gasket while I was at it. Looked pretty clean inside. Not sure if you can see it but there is at least 15 wires in there missing insulation. Also found the MAF wire had been spliced 6 times plus several other sensor connectors replaced. Though it would be best just to replace it all with new.

Attachments

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Not a bad days worth of work. Completely replaced the engine harness with a brand new one from GM. Also replaced the valve cover gasket while I was at it. Looked pretty clean inside. Not sure if you can see it but there is at least 15 wires in there missing insulation. Also found the MAF wire had been spliced 6 times plus several other sensor connectors replaced. Though it would be best just to replace it all with new.
So you have reworked 2 harnesses now, I'll be dropping mine off friday! ;) lol