SmsDetroit Registered!!! Extended Track Goblin 09 Turbo SS

Ross

Goblin Guru
The DF frame comes with mounts on the left & right sides that go straight to the DF frame, but front back mounts (that go to the Cobalt subframe) can be your stock rubber ones, or you can get DF made solid mounts. Since the left & right sides are solid, I purchased the DF solid mounts, so now all 4 mounts are solid.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
The DF frame comes with mounts on the left & right sides that go straight to the DF frame, but front back mounts (that go to the Cobalt subframe) can be your stock rubber ones, or you can get DF made solid mounts. Since the left & right sides are solid, I purchased the DF solid mounts, so now all 4 mounts are solid.
I ordered the solid mounts

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Well end of day on Sunday. Dash is out, body harness is almost out. I still have to remove the rear bumper to get the brake light harness out. Stupid sedan. If I didn’t have to work on Saturday I probably could have striped the dash. I bet my garbage men are going to hate me tomorrow. Oh and already sold the seats and front bumper do $580 back in my pocket

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
So my kit should be here by next weekend fingers crossed. I started my tear down Friday. So far the engine is out. The body harness is removed and the dash is put. Just need to pull the rear hub and fuel tank. Other than the parking brake cables and tubes am I missing anything else. I want to get the shell gone ASAP.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Sounds and looks like you got everything. Some people recommend the rear axle assembly as it is a way to give rear disc brakes to (malibus?) other chevy sedans.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
So my kit should be here by next weekend fingers crossed. I started my tear down Friday. So far the engine is out. The body harness is removed and the dash is put. Just need to pull the rear hub and fuel tank. Other than the parking brake cables and tubes am I missing anything else. I want to get the shell gone ASAP.
Rubber brake lines (if you don't get the SS lines) and clips, clutch line and all clips. Does your registration require emissions, if so the evaporator canister and hoses/fittings.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Update. I started my tear down last Friday solo. As of today I have completed the tear down. Now to get rid of the shell and large body panels to make room to organize, clean and prep the parts

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Im also happy with the fact that every plug in the wiring is labeled. I’m not so happy with the fast that it was so cold the brake pedal and clutch switches broke. They are not expensive to replace but do they require and calibration

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
What are the odds I can just glue the pice of plastic back on
Depends on where it's broken, really. I would just keep in mind that every single time you press your clutch pedal in, that repair job is going to see pressure. I'm not glue expert, but it'd probably be fine, if you use the right stuff.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
If your donor had cruise, The top switch on the clutch cannot be used as it interferes with the hood. Most including myself are swapping that switch out with a micro switch. That gains you one.

Brett

If your donor had cruise, The top switch on the clutch cannot be used as it interferes with the hood. Most including myself are swapping that switch out with a micro switch. That gains you one.
I thought this was model year dependent?

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
The best part is you get to deal with the stickiness left from the tape the WHOOOOLLLEEEE time you work the harness >.< I went through half a box of gloves doing the harness. I found Clorox wipes cleans up the stickiness from your hands pretty nicely (from when dexterity is needed and gloves come off)