SmsDetroit Registered!!! Extended Track Goblin 09 Turbo SS

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Are you sure that you have steel control arms and not aluminum? They are significantly different in design (even if they’ve been painted).

Also, the larger stub can be put into the smaller hub upright by spreading the clamp area slightly (not an easy job, but doable). However the smaller stub can’t go in the LNF upright because the hole is physically bigger and can’t clamp enough to hold the smaller stub.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Sounds like a previous owner needed a cheaper replacement at one point then. As you see, they aren’t terribly expensive to upgrade to aluminum if you wanted with the correct ball joint

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I’ll be ordering the aluminum ones for sure.
ZZP makes it easy to get the right ones they sell both the 19.5mm and 20.5mm the LNF uses. I had to return 2 different sets from rock auto that "Said" they are for an SS/TC 2009 car but both ended up being the smaller 19.5mm

Nuker-

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
That was fast... No mods then...
Nope. I had DF weld in a harness bar higher up. I want to get it built ASAP to get it registered and enjoy it for the summer. Then next winter start changing the things I don’t like. If I like everything then MORE POWER BABY!

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Nope. I had DF weld in a harness bar higher up. I want to get it built ASAP to get it registered and enjoy it for the summer. Then next winter start changing the things I don’t like. If I like everything then MORE POWER BABY!
Im with you there. Going to drive it stock this summer the start the engine upgrades next winter. Hoping to get mine to powder in the next week or two, waiting on weldments to show up.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
So I’m working on my wiring harness. I at the point where in organizing the main harness. I may have 2 problems. First the grey connector the is so posed to be pulled to the back by the BCM has some wires going between the wires from the main dash connector (female side). Second I may have cut the wrong tan fuel pump wire out. The one I kept goes the a 3 wire junction. Any help would be appreciated

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Okay so I figured out how to get dash connector out of the way. Should have watched the video further. Looks like I did cut the wrong tan wire out for the fuel pump. Can anyone tell me where it runs to so I can soldier it back in please

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Leave it to Lonny to know mi didn’t realize the tan wire for the fuel pump is also for the clutch. So apparently I never cut it out to begin with