SmsDetroit Registered!!! Extended Track Goblin 09 Turbo SS

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I wasn't that organized about it, what with the boxes and all, but one of my benches is just covered in rolls of wire that I took out of the harnesses.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
For anyone looking for Planted tech seat mounts. I first ordered them from eBay. Then my order was canceled do to shipping time so I went right to their website. I could have gotten them from there and it would take about 4 weeks. When I went to check out they wanted $75 just for shipping. So I went to the giant called Amazon. They had them listed for the same price and showed 4 weeks for shipping. I ordered them last week and they will be here tomorrow

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
I’m through part 7 of the main harness videos. I have to say at the start I was very intimidated by doing my wiring harness myself. I have found if you just look at it like “One wire at at time” it can be relaxing. Now onto the dash harness them once my kit is assembled hopefully everything works.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Well one week later. A box full of cut out wires, pile of connectors, trash can full of tape and wire loom, 6 rolls of new tape and 3 panic calls to Lonny (only to find out I didn’t cut out the wrong wire) my harness is finished.

Attachments

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Well one week later. A box full of cut out wires, pile of connectors, trash can full of tape and wire loom, 6 rolls of new tape and 3 panic calls to Lonny (only to find out I didn’t cut out the wrong wire) my harness is finished.
glad to see I’m not the only one who got heartburn from the wire harness work haha

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
ZZP makes it easy to get the right ones they sell both the 19.5mm and 20.5mm the LNF uses. I had to return 2 different sets from rock auto that "Said" they are for an SS/TC 2009 car but both ended up being the smaller 19.5mm

Nuker-
I’m about to order my control arms. What is the measurement you are talking about?

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Correct me if I’m wrong. Shouldn’t there be a pumped mounted somewhere in one of these photos on the engine for the intercooler. Or is that something that comes from DF and I have to install it

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Well on the SS/SC, yes there is a Bosch pump mounted on the lower front by the starter. Does not come in the kit, should come on the car. Did your car not have one?

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Donor is a 2009 SS/TC which does not come with the pump. When you ordered your kit, if the TC donor option was selected, then DF should supply the pump for the heat exchanger and the large clamp to mount it.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Donor is a 2009 SS/TC which does not come with the pump. When you ordered your kit, if the TC donor option was selected, then DF should supply the pump for the heat exchanger and the large clamp to mount it.
Thank you. I did order the TC kit so I’ll have to look for the pump

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
On the TC engine, if you're looking at it from the front, on the bottom left there are two threaded holes that align vertically from each other. The TC kit comes with a diamond-shaped plate, a small metal bracket, and a Bosch water pump. The diamond-shaped plate bolts to the engine via the two vertical holes, the metal bracket bolts to the plate via two horizontal holes, and the pump is secured to the bracket by a cylindrical clamp.

20210308_222158.jpg

*edit* just noticed I dribbled some coolant down there. Guess I'll go clean that up now!

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
I am SO glad that Lonny was able to confirm you did not cut the wrong wire. When we spoke on the phone about it, I knew you were wondering!