SmsDetroit Registered!!! Extended Track Goblin 09 Turbo SS

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I don't think manufacturer specs apply when yeeting a square peg into a round hole.
Why not? The bore in the subframe preventing the carriage bolt from rotating by grabbing onto the square boss is no different than using a wrench on a hex bolt to prevent rotation while torquing a nut.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Well since I have mr electrical here. How do I tell which side is power and which is ground on the intercooler pump? The wire with the green tape has a 1 at the connector

Attachments

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Well since I have mr electrical here. How do I tell which side is power and which is ground on the intercooler pump? The wire with the green tape has a 1 at the connector
Test it on the battery. it will spin backwards if the polarity is reversed.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Test it on the battery. it will spin backwards if the polarity is reversed.
And you can tell if it is spinning the correct way by the direction it will pump water.
Water should go in the red arrow, and out the blue arrow. Spinning clockwise in this view.

I think the Bosch pump has a small + and - beside the connectors.

Northshoresaint

Don’t know if this helps, but the connector for the pump I received from DF has a red wire on the right side and black on the left (from the viewpoint of your picture) So I wired ground to the black (left) wire.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Okay so next question. Where are the clamps for the intercooler pump. In the photos they use spring clamps on the pump. I’ve checked every donor hose and don’t have any that will fit. Am I to get them local?

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
There should be a baggie with a diamond shaped steel piece, a t-bolt clamp and some hardware.

Northshoresaint

Okay so next question. Where are the clamps for the intercooler pump. In the photos they use spring clamps on the pump. I’ve checked every donor hose and don’t have any that will fit. Am I to get them local?
I bought new hose clamps for the pump, intercooler fittings and fill Tee.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I could have sworn Lonny said the pipe on top of the turbo gets replaced for clearance but I can not find it anywhere. I gone though everything. Am I just imagining it.
It definitely gets replaced, and a new one should have been included in your kit. If you didn't receive it, send an email to [email protected] and they'll get you fixed up. Remember to retain the gasket out of the stock one and transfer it to the DF one, once you receive it.