SmsDetroit Registered!!! Extended Track Goblin 09 Turbo SS

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
I could have sworn Lonny said the pipe on top of the turbo gets replaced for clearance but I can not find it anywhere. I gone though everything. Am I just imagining it.
Yes they send a little shorty, Tell them you want mine, I didn’t need it so I sent it back to them

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Next stupid question. Is everyone running coolant through the heat exchanger or something else. Also I know there has been talks about adding in a tank in place of the T. What are people using?

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
I got it mounted today. My issue was getting the 4 holes to line up with the inner-cooler. I had to grind the welds down a bit then enlarge one of the holes to get it to fit

Attachments

WYGoblin

Next stupid question. Is everyone running coolant through the heat exchanger or something else. Also I know there has been talks about adding in a tank in place of the T. What are people using?
Was going to use the same coolant I used in the engine but found a case of engine ice I had for my four wheelers. Decided to use that in my intercooler. (Why not lol). Now I can tell the difference if there is a leak somewhere also

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Okay whats the trick to getting the steel braided lines to seat. I started all of them by hand. Threaded in very easily. Went to bleed the brakes and 3 out of 4 are seeping. I don’t feel comfortable tightening them any more without stripping the nuts.

ATMironov

Okay whats the trick to getting the steel braided lines to seat. I started all of them by hand. Threaded in very easily. Went to bleed the brakes and 3 out of 4 are seeping. I don’t feel comfortable tightening them any more without stripping the nuts.
Your talking about the Banjo Bolt at the caliper right? Do you have the washers installed?

kalishek

Got copper crush washers on each side of banjo bolt? Correct style of flare on hard line to match fittings? Some items to check.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I was the same way. Try loosening them and tighten each one a couple of times and then on the last try, really give it a good snugging. Use a good wrench and make sure to back up the other fitting so as not to twist it off.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
You will need to tighten them very tight, put a wrench on the hose and a tubing nut wrench on the tube nut and tighten very tight.

If it still leaks back the tube nut off and retighten.

If it still leaks tighten it some more.

Repeat these steps until it stops leaking.

Make sure you dry the visible brake fluid off and then have someone push on the brake pedal very hard and hold it down, preferably with the engine running.

You should have zero seepage.

ATMironov

Yes. Or liquid Teflon.
Are you sure? Brake fluid is very corrosive. I don't know if that's a good long term fix. Plus if not wrapped well, the tape could interfere with the tapered seat and make the problem worse.

My vote is to follow Lonny's directions above

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Are you sure? Brake fluid is very corrosive. I don't know if that's a good long term fix. Plus if not wrapped well, the tape could interfere with the tapered seat and make the problem worse.

My vote is to follow Lonny's directions above
My answer was to the intercooler leak, not brakes. Brakes should never have any sealer of any type, anywhere.