SmsDetroit Registered!!! Extended Track Goblin 09 Turbo SS

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Are you sure? Brake fluid is very corrosive. I don't know if that's a good long term fix. Plus if not wrapped well, the tape could interfere with the tapered seat and make the problem worse.

My vote is to follow Lonny's directions above
For the brakes I did loosen and crank it back down. The seeping is 95% gone. One last connection in the morning. The Teflon question was about the heat exchanger leaks. Thanks for you concern though

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
The plastic elbows should be installed with Teflon tape or some sort of sealer.
When installing the brass fittings into the aluminum brake adaptors you should use some red Loctite as a sealant.
Not on the brake lines or hoses.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Is the check valve necessary? If so, should it allow flow only from the valve cover to the intake?
There is a check valve there from the factory, so I put a check valve in there in my build. Obviously, so did @JBINTX ... whether it's necessary or not, I cannot say.

It should flow TOWARD the valve cover.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
The vacuum system is not as simple as some other engines - especially since you have a turbo.
I suggest you read this thread which covers a little more than your question asked, but will enlighten you nonetheless.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
So in my rush to do everything I riveted on the tunnel without mounting my ebrake I’m thinking Riv-nuts are my only option now. Am I correct?

Ross

Goblin Guru
Rivnuts are nice for future access, but nothing is stopping you from drilling out the rivets, and installing new rivets when you are done.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Got my seats today. The passenger (of course) went together flawlessly. The driver when a bolt was about 3/4 of the way in it stopped and snapped. It was not cross threaded I was being super careful. I think I had a faulty bolt. Then when trying to drill it out to retap it the bit snapped. Not I’m at a loss.

On a side not I ordered planted tech seat brackets. Came up with a clever design. Instead of putting flat stock in to take up the 1/2” gap I drilled and taped 2 holes then ran a bolt from the bottom up to apply tension.

Attachments

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
If you own a compressor and need to bleed a new brake system and clutch. Do yourself a favor and get one of these. https://www.harborfreight.com/brake-fluid-bleeder-92924.html. Your quads will thank you later
Got my seats today. The passenger (of course) went together flawlessly. The driver when a bolt was about 3/4 of the way in it stopped and snapped. It was not cross threaded I was being super careful. I think I had a faulty bolt. Then when trying to drill it out to retap it the bit snapped. Not I’m at a loss.

On a side not I ordered planted tech seat brackets. Came up with a clever design. Instead of putting flat stock in to take up the 1/2” gap I drilled and taped 2 holes then ran a bolt from the bottom up to apply tension.
Man those look sweet!

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru

I think that’s the best looking seats that I have seen ! Top notch :)