SmsDetroit Registered!!! Extended Track Goblin 09 Turbo SS

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Take a chisel and tap on drill bit to brake it loose. Maybe
Can you drill a hole beside that one and just use larger bolt
I tried that thinking I could make room to know the other bolt out. Going slowly. Right when I got almost through the tip broke off. So frustrating

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
I tried that thinking I could make room to know the other bolt out. Going slowly. Right when I got almost through the tip broke off. So frustrating
Try using a bigger drill bit with an oil lubricant, it makes drilling a lot easier and as you go put force on the right side of hole.
Can you take seat out and come from the other side. If you can do that when you get close to other drill bit take punch and knock it out

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Try using a bigger drill bit with an oil lubricant, it makes drilling a lot easier and as you go put force on the right side of hole.
Can you take seat out and come from the other side
To come from the other side I’d have to take the seat bottom cover off

Ross

Goblin Guru
If you take the seat bottom off, you might be able to work that bolt out, but also, you could bring it to a welder, and weld on a new nut.
Or mail it to me, I could weld a new one on.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Got my toe plate so plan on attempting my alignment tomorrow. I installed my shifter I got from the shifter group. Need some advice on adjusting it. Going into first is a bit tight. The 1-2 2-3 and 3-4 shifts feel great. I can get it into reverse no problem but I can not seem to get it into 5th. Any advice is much appreciated

Attachments

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
If you followed the instructions on the forum setting up the shifter, it should be fine. It’ll be a bit tight off the bat, but will loosen up. 5th is always a little tricky, because it’s not a quick flip and not way out there, like a truck. Once you learn to “find” it, it’ll be fine.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Got my toe plate so plan on attempting my alignment tomorrow. I installed my shifter I got from the shifter group. Need some advice on adjusting it. Going into first is a bit tight. The 1-2 2-3 and 3-4 shifts feel great. I can get it into reverse no problem but I can not seem to get it into 5th. Any advice is much appreciated
Im in the same boat, all gears shift fine including reverse. Just cannot get 5th.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Are you pushing too far to the right? Reverse is really far right but 5th is about halfway over to reverse from 4th.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Okay very stupid question. Is what I’m pointing at the BOV or is it the brown thing above that with the vacuum line. Trying to figure out my gobble issue with my turbo. I made another post about it.

Attachments

Okay very stupid question. Is what I’m pointing at the BOV or is it the brown thing above that with the vacuum line. Trying to figure out my gobble issue with my turbo. I made another post about it.
Thats the exhaust wastegate actuator. The brown part above that with the hose on it is the bov.