SmsDetroit Registered!!! Extended Track Goblin 09 Turbo SS

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
When I picked up my donor it had a Map/baro code which is in the ECU. My brother in-law works for bosh who makes the ecu. He got me a new one and programmed it. Now the code is back with the new ecu. I’m hard pressed to think that I have 2 bad ecu. Any thoughts.

Attachments

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Quick internet search on the p2227 code indicates "Barometric Pressure Sensor Performance", which is;
Bad sensor
Bad Harness
Bad connection
Bad ECU
What made you think it was the ECU the first time? I don't have the service manual with me, but it should have the steps to check that particular code, which will likely entail checking voltages and resistance to determine which one it is.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Quick internet search on the p2227 code indicates "Barometric Pressure Sensor Performance", which is;
Bad sensor
Bad Harness
Bad connection
Bad ECU
What made you think it was the ECU the first time? I don't have the service manual with me, but it should have the steps to check that particular code, which will likely entail checking voltages and resistance to determine which one it is.
Internet search and seems like everyone wound up replacing the ECU. I got one for free so why not start there. Looks like I’ll actually have to diagnose it

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Got my registration today. Super happy about that. Took the car out for it’s first legal drive. On the way how I hear a crack. Looked over and a rock was thrown off of my drivers rear tire and shattered the drivers mirror. Does anyone know if the glass is replaceable

Brett

I believe they are cdr motorcycle mirrors. They are cheap on eBay and Amazon. Somebody will be along to verify the model.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
What does the other side of the rotor look like?
If it's the same, your pads are hanging up, preventing them from sitting flat against the rotor.
The stainless steel shims the ends of the pads sit in are sometimes a pain to get seated properly. You might have to check them possibly.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
What does the other side of the rotor look like?
If it's the same, your pads are hanging up, preventing them from sitting flat against the rotor.
The stainless steel shims the ends of the pads sit in are sometimes a pain to get seated properly. You might have to check them possibly.
About the same. A little more contact.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
So from the vent on the fuel tan to the tube on the filler neck I has a hose with a T in it to vent the tank downward. The problem was whenever I cornered hard right I’d get a very small amount of gas out the vent. So I removed the T. Now no fuel leak however after driving for awhile the fuel tank is under vacuum. What should I do to correct this. Also if anyone can tell me how to orientate the fuel pump so the fuel level sensor will work. I’ve adjusted it twice and it keeps getting stuck in one position. Then last night while driving it just dropped from half a tank to empty.

Brett

You need a check valve.

I used 47245K37 from Mcmaster Carr.

It is a Check Valve for Harsh Chemicals, PVDF Body, for 1/4" Tube ID.

SACTX taught me this trick.

Put the T back in and put the check valve near the end of the drain line. This also help with cutting down on the vapor smell in the garage.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
You need a check valve.

I used 47245K37 from Mcmaster Carr.

It is a Check Valve for Harsh Chemicals, PVDF Body, for 1/4" Tube ID.

SACTX taught me this trick.

Put the T back in and put the check valve near the end of the drain line. This also help with cutting down on the vapor smell in the garage.
Thank you. When you say the End. Are you talking down by the frame or up by the T

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
A little less than 2 weeks in since I got my registration and already have over 300 miles on my Goblin. I have to say I’m loving it.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. My driveway isn’t level left to right. If I zero my angle finder on the main hoop then check the camber I should still be able to get the correct reading even though the driveway isn’t level correct?

Ross

Goblin Guru
Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. My driveway isn’t level left to right. If I zero my angle finder on the main hoop then check the camber I should still be able to get the correct reading even though the driveway isn’t level correct?
The car might lean a little downhill if it is a large enough angle,
but if it is almost flat, your method should work fine.