SmsDetroit Registered!!! Extended Track Goblin 09 Turbo SS

Ross

Goblin Guru
@SmsDetroit I'm still curious if we can identify and display PID 7101.10 for the AC pressure sensor... I would love to repurpose the stock 5V AC pressure sensor with a 5V oil pressure sensor or a 5V wideband O2 sensor, and then have it display on that fancy OBDII gauge.

The documentation I found for that fancy gauge says it can display PIDs... but I am curious if it works for our cars.

Last edited:

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
@SmsDetroit I'm still curious if we can identify and display PID 7101.10 for the AC pressure sensor... I would love to repurpose the stock 5V AC pressure sensor with a 5V oil pressure sensor or a 5V wideband O2 sensor, and then have it display on that fancy OBDII gauge.

The documentation I found for that fancy gauge says it can display PIDs... but I am curious if it works for our cars.

thats a bit above my pay grade.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Where did you procure such gauge?
Amazon. It makes it so much easier to see all the information. I just used the 3M tape it came with and mounted it to the underside of the hood in front of the boost gage. It gives boot levels if you want it. it does say all over the place for 2009 and newer so I’m not sure if it will work with the SS/SC cars

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
So I have about given up with getting my fuel gage to work. I’ve repositioned the fuel pump 3 times. Does anyone have any tips? Maybe bending the float arm or something like that.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
trying to fix my brakes I rewatched some of the new build videos. There is one on installing the fuel pump for TC. It showed a quick modification of the fuel pump and BAM the fuel gage works.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Does anyone with a stock 09-10 LNF that installed the 3 bar MAP and TMAP have a tune they would be willing to share with me?

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
So @Ghostknife came over to install the tune for me (thank you) and we kept getting a fault X36 Exceeds number of attempts. Sounds like the PCM is tuner locked. Does that sound correct? I want to be sure before I replace the PCM

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Sounds like it is tuner locked.

Did you try and read your file to start with, then make required changes to your file, then write the calibration, not entire, back? Although I don’t really understand all of the reasons of when to use write entire. The way I described is the safest way of doing it unless your have a reason to do it differently.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
It recognizes the vehicle but when you go to read the file it goes about halfway and stops then throws the error code

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
It might be fixable with a full reprogram through GM MDI but might cost as much as replacement. You would have to research HPT forum to see if yours could be fixed.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
I just want to verify that it’s locked. If it is I might as well order a new one from ZZP with a tune for about what I’d pay for a HP tuner mpvi2