SmsDetroit Registered!!! Extended Track Goblin 09 Turbo SS

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Mine had a similar kink and I replaced it with a hose from the local parts store. I took my hose in and asked to look at their hoses in the back and I found one shaped similar to mine. I should have saved the hose part # but didn't unfortunately.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Trans and clutch are back in. Now to bleed it. Does anyone have the STL file for the rear rotor centering rings. I have a broken one

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
I got everything back together this past weekend and took it for a 15 mile drive. Wow this thing feels like it has a brand new transmission in it. I think the old clutch I took out was never fully disengaging. Shifts are much smoother.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Note. Anyone with an LNF that is looking for an intermediate shaft support bearing. You can not find them anywhere. All of GMs sites show back ordered. I went to all the auto part store in person and online. Last one I check was Advanced Auto. They had a bearing labeled as “axle bearing”. I took a chance and ordered it and holy **** it was the correct one

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
You can also pull the number for the bearing and order it that way. Looking back through my email, I'm pretty sure 6008-2RS1 was the one I ordered for this but I'm not 100%.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Ugh. Took the car for a second drive. Still driving fantastic but I noticed a drip from under the trans. Looks like brake fluid. Picking up a borescope to look inside before I rip the trans back out. Hopefully it’s just some that leaked in when I was bleeding the clutch

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Well some good news is it looks like I shouldn’t have to pull the trans. The leak looks like it’s coming from the elbow on the top. I’ll be taking that off tomorrow and check the seal.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Okay so I installed a new disruption block and purchased the clutch pipe because that’s the only way to get the seal. I tried to just swap the seal to the pipe on the car so I didn’t have to pull the trans again. I still have a bit of a leak and am at a bit of a loss now. Any suggestions would be helpful

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Did you lubricant the o-ring before installing it? Genwrally, lubing with brake fluid with swell the o-ring slightly to give a better seal.

Since you have all new parts installed and have everything installed correctly, I'm at a loss why you still have a leak?