SmsDetroit Registered!!! Extended Track Goblin 09 Turbo SS

Ross

Goblin Guru
/
Okay so I installed a new disruption block and purchased the clutch pipe because that’s the only way to get the seal. I tried to just swap the seal to the pipe on the car so I didn’t have to pull the trans again. I still have a bit of a leak and am at a bit of a loss now. Any suggestions would be helpful
Not sure what a disruption block is. I think you are talking about what Chevy calls the distribution block.
Maybe the pipe is not aligned well and pulling it over too one side?
Maybe a scratch is causing it to leak?
It is sooooo hard to get to that pipe, it might be easier to lower the subframe and engine 4", to give you some room.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
One thing I had a problem with, but I don’t think anyone else has, is the clutch line was hitting the motor mount and kind of **** the lime and that elbow. that misalignment would cause a leak. I ended up grinding down the mount a little so everything was relaxed and it spcould seal properly.

Scott #321

Be warned on the F35 the clutch slave line has a seal on the end that can sit on the end of the line or clip over the line. Can be assembled either way bit will only seal one way. The seal is the black one on the top.
transmission-drivetrain-clutch-pipe-2_1800x1800.jpg

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
560TW, nothing sticky about the Contis and is the reason they will spin at the drop of a hat - sorry to say. As has been expressed many time on the forum already, Goblins should be running 200TW or better tires to have any hope of traction.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
That’s from idling for about 5 minutes. I’d say she is running very fat. May be time to get a tuner to make changes ( I means log data and have you guys help me )

Attachments

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Took the car out for a drive again. This time I rolled into the throttle and didn’t go quit all the way to WOT and no sputtering or popping and was able to run it to 6500 RPMs. If I go to WOT it starts running rough at 4900 RPMs. Time to get into the tune

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Why's it running so poorly in completely stock form? Intake and exhaust shouldn't change it enough to where the ECU couldn't compensate enough to make it seem totally fine. I'd still recommend a tune since changes have been made from the stock Cobalt configuration but I think I'd look into potential issues before you try to tune around problems.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
560TW, nothing sticky about the Contis and is the reason they will spin at the drop of a hat - sorry to say. As has been expressed many time on the forum already, Goblins should be running 200TW or better tires to have any hope of traction.
Based on pictures he has posted previously he's running ExtremeContact Sports which are a 340TW.... better than 560 but definitely not enough tire for a turbo Goblin!

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Why's it running so poorly in completely stock form? Intake and exhaust shouldn't change it enough to where the ECU couldn't compensate enough to make it seem totally fine. I'd still recommend a tune since changes have been made from the stock Cobalt configuration but I think I'd look into potential issues before you try to tune around problems.
My old ECU was tuner locked so I ordered a new one from ZZP with a stage 2 tune using the 3 bar maps. With the stock tune and 2 bar maps it runs great.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
This is true unless the donor ran poorly because it had a bad tune or someone was swapping parts trying to fix a problem before it was sold. I would do check of all the sensor part number and confirm they match stock part numbers.