South Texas Goblin build

dvldawg

So excited to get this thing drivable now. So far, this has been an extraordinary build. A huge testament to the guys at DFG for all the engineering and forethought that has gone into these cars.
I loved models growing up and this is like a man sized model. Just get your parts and put it together.

dvldawg

That progressed quickly. :eek:

congrats :cool:
Thanks, I actually started stripping my donor and preparing parts about three weeks before my kit was ready for pickup. Once I had the chassis and sheet metal ready, I was free to start placing parts on the car.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Anyone have any pointers for filling out paperwork in Texas?
good info starting here.

Some things seem to have changed though, so reaching out to your area’s regional person, might be a good thing.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
I made it through the registration process and after receiving my plates I got a call from the regional office.

They will not accept a safety inspection using motorcycle which some of the other builders were told to do by their regional office.

You have to use auto and the year you register it. 2020 for me. They will plug into your OBDII port so it will need to pass emissions.

I have installed an evaporative emissions canister back on mine and built an exhaust with a cat. I used an after market cat so I'm not positive it will work.

The check engine lights went out but HP tuners shows the system hasn't readied the sensors yet.

So I need to find some time to get some miles on it this week.

If successful we will start making catted exhaust for folks that need them.

dvldawg

I made it through the registration process and after receiving my plates I got a call from the regional office.

They will not accept a safety inspection using motorcycle which some of the other builders were told to do by their regional office.

You have to use auto and the year you register it. 2020 for me. They will plug into your OBDII port so it will need to pass emissions.

I have installed an evaporative emissions canister back on mine and built an exhaust with a cat. I used an after market cat so I'm not positive it will work.

The check engine lights went out but HP tuners shows the system hasn't readied the sensors yet.

So I need to find some time to get some miles on it this week.

If successful we will start making catted exhaust for folks that need them.
I read through the DMVs handbook on Assembled Vehicles. It had several mentions of emissions testing in there, but also in Parenthesis(IF Applicable). I live in a county that does not require emissions testing. I'm hoping that this will not apply in the county that I will be registering.

dvldawg

good info starting here.

Some things seem to have changed though, so reaching out to your area’s regional person, might be a good thing.
Thanks for the link. I got a lot of info from this tread. I live in Matagorda County, and my RSC is in Corpus Christi. That'll be fun, only two hours away. I do plan to call this week to get a contact name and hope to make some progress in the registration process. Thanks again

dvldawg

Well, had a great day driving around in the Goblin. Taking advantage of beautiful weather and a temp tag. I did go and get her weighed, 1560#.
I even picked up one of my grandsons from school. He was very excited, had a city police officer fall in behind me for a couple blocks. I figured yep here we go. But he just turned off and went his own way.

dvldawg

A huge shoutout to all y’all who have been so helpful with info. You have helped make my build super easy and successful. Thanks again for everything.
On another note, getting the side panels wrapped soon. And hoping to be able to lay down some paint in the near future.
I’m still going to put a write up on my spoiler and how it is mounted and wired. Very simple and worth the effort.