Splitter

95Blitz

This should be awesome. Can’t wait to see the progress. :cool:
Thanks again for the file.

I'm sure I will hit a road block on something and will slow down on this. But right now looks like it should be done by Friday.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I wanted to make mine out of CF but glad it's aluminum now. 1. It adds some weight on the front end of the car and 2. I've already hit it twice on stuff because the Goblin is so low. One was a speed bump that I was going 5mph. The other was a chunk of asphalt that came out of the road due to the freezing weather.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Driving your Goblin in freezing weather is a no-no! Let it hibernate and spend some quality time with it to perform maintenance, upgrades and mods! Poor Goblin! LOL!

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I wanted to make mine out of CF but glad it's aluminum now. 1. It adds some weight on the front end of the car and 2. I've already hit it twice on stuff because the Goblin is so low. One was a speed bump that I was going 5mph. The other was a chunk of asphalt that came out of the road due to the freezing weather.
Yep. Whacked mine a few times. I put a pretty good dent in one of the prototypes. o_O But I would love a carbon fiber one, because carbon fiber. :cool:

95Blitz

I'm hoping that with the extended flap's on this one that the added downforce will make up for the less weight.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Just a suggestion: you may want to decide how and where you are going to mount the unit before laying the CF. Then you have it all mocked up and adjusted before you do all the resin and stuff. Plus, you could still add plugs to the foam layer that would get covered by the fiber and resin. My metal unit might have holes and slots in it from adjusting the unit around a bit.....

95Blitz

I thought about that and I didn't think I could get the holes perfect. So i'm going to drill trough and come back and mill out on the top side for the spacers and then glue them in place.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I used the bolts that mount the front radiator support along with a couple bolts through the floor pan, where the firewall connects. Those four mounts along with the splitter struts have mine pretty solid now. Rttoys gave me the idea for the four bolt locations.

95Blitz

I used the bolts that mount the front radiator support along with a couple bolts through the floor pan, where the firewall connects. Those four mounts along with the splitter struts have mine pretty solid now. Rttoys gave me the idea for the four bolt locations.

I like that idea. I need to jack the car up and take a look. I haven't been under it in a while.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Ya. The 2 bolts for the radiator support seem to be a great spot to center everything up. Then I like 2 in the floor pan, where the floor meet the bulkhead. Stiffens it all up. The front, I feel still needs support. There’s several ways to do it via brackets, cables, rod and such.
CFBE7DA9-D403-4D8A-8790-4E3FB6A68D36.jpeg

95Blitz

Ok brace yourself before you look at the picture.
It's going to take a lot of post production work to make it look nice. Most of those low/high spots in the resin i'm not worried about. Out of sight out of mind... After trim work will be the next pictures..