Splitter

95Blitz

I ended up trimming with an oscillating tool. Worked better than I thought it would, almost zero dust and didn't melt the carbon. 1 thing I changed is the 90* and the 45* meet so that air can't spill off in-between them. Still needs more trimming to even the side and everything.

Attachments

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
nice. :cool:
ya. I wish the angles would meet up, or I I had the ability to fill it in with weld and such, but it still does the job.

looking good

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
A wing, especially a quality built one, will generate more downforce than a flat plate splitter - hands down. A wing will have to be mounted in front of the nose, allowing for much more surface area. This is about the only location feasible because of the radiator support frame and hood location (unless you copy what @Mandan did with his 'mini' wings mounted to the sides of the hood, Canadians are so inventive).

But having a tilt in the splitter mount, to angle slightly upward, with good sized side plates that extend below and above the plate, and a Gurney flap will make a splitter much more effective too.