SS Donor search in Hill Billy Country

Chris Eggert

Good luck, because I sure haven't had any with those kind of deals
I haven't had any luck with any deals so far for two months. Im hopeing this one is the deal it looks like and sounds like. Im ready to get going. I would love to have the Goblin finshed by the end of March or early April and be ready to play...

Last edited:

Andy

I bought a used clean titled car and after I recouped my money thru selling of parts i came out around 2800 for the bits i needed. 2005 SS\SC 126k (i think ) on the clock single owner new clutch installed months before I bought it. It had a few parts installed nothing really note worthy but it sweetened the deal a bit. All in all I could have saved 1k by taking a chance on a copart but it would have been a chance. Traditionally my luck sucks so I didn't go the copart route. Also I drove it around for a few weeks to test everything out and had a 30 day return period if it was not in good shape. Less than 3k for a SS\SC out the door is a good deal. Probably a few parts you can sell and you might get a great deal on the bits you actually need.

Chris Eggert

Well signed the papers, paid the taxes on her and applied for the title today. She is sitting in my driveway. Total cost with tax, title and tags came to $2785.00. Im putting tags on it and getting insurance because I plan on driving it for a little while as kind of a shakedown period to see what I will need to fix or replace as I get her torn down.
2006 SS SC with 101k on it and its in really great shape all over for an 11 year old vehicle. Only thing It didnt have that I wanted in my donor was the LSD. If I can find the notepad that I wrote the contact info down in for the new F35/MU3 LSD Transmissions that are $1750 or $1795 + shipping, I will go ahead and get one shipping this way. So I am going to spend the rest of tonight digging through my notebooks looking for it.
As of right now the Hill Billy Country Donor search is OVER unless something drastic happens

Attachments

Last edited: