SS/SC 2006 open cage easy entry standard length

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
And that stupid little umbrella rubber seal thingy under the elbow, if you take that off. That thing is **** near made of unobtainium.

Aguinaga

I know I have been off the radar for a minute. Anyone have trick to get this guy in without totally smashing it?
Thinking of getting elbows to help with clearing.

Attachments

Rauq

Goblin Guru
I'm not sure it's going to go on like that, at least not onto the bottom barb without kinking. I had to scrounge up some hoses from elsewhere off of the donor; I can't remember where it came from, but I did find a perfectly formed right-angle hose for the bottom barb. I also don't have a picture on me at the moment.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I don’t have a pic how I did mine, but I think I used a combination of new and old hoses, plus a T. I’ll have to take a pic when I get home.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Have you put it in? Last night the hoses were pushing up against the gas tank and kinking. Thinking a combo of shorter hoses/90 degrees will help.
Yes, Ill get a picture when I get home. the hose routed up from the pump was a heater hose off of a wrecked Ford utility 3.5.

Aguinaga

Had DF do the wire harness for me, I think I might of routes the harness wrong or it’s way short to the coolant tank. Any insight

Attachments

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Not sure if it’s routed wrong, but I remember on mine, I had to extend that one further than it already was.

edit:
That may even be on the engine harness side and not even touched by DF. I’m trying to find a pic to verify, but looking at the dust and wire loom, it looks untouched.

Last edited:

Scott #321

Engine harness connector,
Coolant sensor, MAF, and MAP will likely all need some slight modification to fit properly. I unwrapped the engine harness and rewrapped it with the engine on a stand and was able to lengthen and shorted the main engine harness so everything came out in the correct location without cutting any of the wires then rewrap to give it a more finished appearance. There is a considerable amount of extra wire in the engine harness at least on my 09 ss sedan.