SS/SC Clutch/Flywheel Change

Johvans

Getting ready to swap my clutch out for the GM upgrade kit. I have the kit, new flywheel and bolts, new clutch pipe/elbow to install as well.

Any tips for the project?

David

Not sure if it applies to the S/C but I was reading that when you use it on the LNF you have to use a bic pin case and make little spacers so it can be Aligned correctly
Screenshot_20171017-172100.jpg

Screenshot_20171017-172347.png

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I did not need those spacers but you will want the clutch alignment tool. It was pretty straight forward, I'd replace the TOB and pipe while in there. The upgraded tob feels good.

Nuker

David

I did not need those spacers but you will want the clutch alignment tool. It was pretty straight forward, I'd replace the TOB and pipe while in there. The upgraded tob feels good.

Nuker
Did you have any play on your pressure plate and the guide pins because that's what the pen is for because lots of people where saying that if it's not dead center it creates a little vibration that way they came up with that I'm just passing the info I hate to see you guys have to pull everything out again because of the vibrations

Johvans

Nuker
Do the axles just pop out? I couldn't get them to pop with two pry bars and didn't want to force it.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
My axels one was easy other one was a nightmare. I had to pry bar and hammer on the axel joint.

I dident use the pen maybe I just got lucky! You do have a clutch alignment tool right?

Hope your replacing the TOB also the upgraded LSJ aka LNF is a big upgrade.

Nuker

PHerder

The worst axle to remove for me was the one in the intermediate shaft. It had gotten water inside of it and was rusted to it. Took the intermediate shaft out of the transmission and to my vice and using penetrating oil, I got it removed. BFH was applied to the axle since I knew it wasn't going to be used again but the intermediate shaft might so It will be cleaned up and stored. My other engine/transmission has a good intermediate shaft and I have two new axles.

Johvans

You do have a clutch alignment tool right?

Hope your replacing the TOB also the upgraded LSJ aka LNF is a big upgrade.

Nuker
Yes sir, the kit comes with the upgraded TOB, I bought a new pipe and elbow just because I'm in there.

John