SS/SC Shift cable mount

jamesm

Goblin Guru
Hey y'all.

For those of you that used a SS/SC donor, did you get a mount in your kit to attach the shifter cable to the transmission or did you use the one off your donor?

I'm swapping from a base model donor to an SC but the donor's mount is too close to the shift levers on the transmission. I'm not sure if the shifter cables are different between the kits or if the SS kits come with a different mount.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
@Rttoys one more question. Which shifter cable connects to which side of the actual shifter? I see the right hand cable in your previous post has black tape on it.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Ya. I marked one cable so I would get them backwards.

I’m trying to find a pic, but I believe….edit. See next post

Last edited:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Right cable (up/down) on shifter is the marked cable on the right or upper of my pic.
left cable (left/right) on shifter is the unmarked cable on the left or lower of my pic.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Are you using the stock shift box? If so, I would recommend going with the at least the Group Buy shifter (if you can find one) or the DF Shift kit (I wish I had done this from jump). The stock unit from the SS is atrocious.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
@Rttoys thank you!

@Robinjo I have the new DF shifter. I got it when they first came out. Very nice although, I don't care for the reverse lockout. I ended up removing it as I had problems with it on the autocross course. It was too hard to hit it and shift back and forth.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
@Rttoys thank you!

@Robinjo I have the new DF shifter. I got it when they first came out. Very nice although, I don't care for the reverse lockout. I ended up removing it as I had problems with it on the autocross course. It was too hard to hit it and shift back and forth.
I got rid of the reverse lockout on my stock unit. I'd probably do the same when (not if) I go to the DF setup. One day.....