SS/SC Unfinished kit for sale! A stay-at-home special.

Swift06

I have lost interest over the last year in completing this kit, so it's time to find someone willing to complete it. Located in Columbus, OH Grove City area.

Donor is a 2005 SS/SC WITH A LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL TRANSMISSION. The LSD was not stock on this car, and that's why I chose it as a donor. 142k on engine and donor parts, unknown mileage on transmission. It ran great, shifted smooth, no drivetrain issues when it ran.

MOST of what you'll need to complete this kit is included. The only big thing that will need replaced is the fuel pump. Another small issue is the builder installed the wrong brake line nuts (SS/TC I believe) on the long line, so they will need to be carefully cut, a new nut installed, and flared again.

The frame and metal bits have been powder coated gloss black, and all of the body panels haven't been painted yet. Lots of room for personal preference.

I did the wiring harness a little differently. I decided to split it into two parts, with an intermediate harness that will run through the tunnel. The thought behind this is to be able to add more circuits in the future if need be, as well as simplify installation a little bit.

There are a lot of new parts that I have receipts to, like tie rod ends, complete stock front suspension (ball joints, struts), new axles, gaskets, etc.

The clutch line, fenders, hardware and heat exchanger is not pictured, but is included.

I understand that there's a lot going on here, but I think a price of $11,000 is fair. The heavy lifting for this kit is done, and it just needs the time required to see it through. 11k is close to the cost of a new kit in this configuration. It rolls and steers on the spare tires, casters will also be included. This can probably be finished for 3k, including paint, a fuel pump, lights and other small bits.

Attachments

Last edited:

switchback

Man this would be perfect for my eventual build, but without a way to transport it home becomes a bit of a problem unfortunately. (Western Massachusetts)

Swift06

If you're serious about buying it, I can try and figure out a uhaul situation. It could easily fit, I would just need to figure out if they have ramps, if I need to build some, etc. Gas is $1.27 here... We can work something out.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Man this would be perfect for my eventual build, but without a way to transport it home becomes a bit of a problem unfortunately. (Western Massachusetts)
rent a truck and trailer. The F150 i rented from enterprise for 5 days unlimited miles was under $300. One way uhaul is more expensive, but I wouldn't want to haul one empty to Ohio.
Its probably about a 10 hour drive or less.

switchback

I did forget about the possibility of renting a vehicle, hmm. I have a ton of National Rental Car free points so I could rent for a very inexpensive amount of money, and I could rent a u-haul trailer one way. Do Rental companies allow towing?

Swift06

They usually have trailers too. Uhaul definitely does. You might be able to use your points and rent a trailer from uhaul if your company doesn't have any. One way may be tricky to coordinate with multiple companies. There's definitely a situation to make this work

switchback

Just did a quick check to see if my free rental days would work, unfortunately I wouldn't be able to get a Pickup Truck with the free points, assuming they don't have any in the Emerald Aisle (I travel a lot and have tons of National Points I can use).

I'll need to do a bit of research and see how much it would cost me, etc. Also have to see if I can Register the goblin for street use given I wouldn't have the donor vehicle. Do you have the Title for the Donor cobalt?

Swift06

I have a photocopy of the title because I scrapped the shell. In Ohio this accounts for the donor parts separate from the kit, but weren't purchased new.

Swift06

Did a quick Google search and Massachusetts requirements are pretty much identical to Ohio. I have a lot of receipts, a certificate of origin for the kit, and a photocopy of the title of the parts from that vehicle.

Peregrinus

Pretty sure this is an extended frame correct? From the pics it looks like it, I was just about to order my kit, I can send deposit immediately if still available, sent u a pm with my phone number and a few questions.

Last edited:

Ross

Goblin Guru
This is an extended frame. The extended ones have 2 bars below the seats. Regular length Goblins have 1 bar.